Everyone knows that Apple is a giant company. But not everyone knows just how big it really is.
Here are some mind-blowing figures on just how big Apple really is:
- Apple’s revenue last year was $42.1 billion, which is bigger than Turkmenistan’s entire economy.
- Apple holds $155 billion in cash, which means 49 cents per U.S. citizen. That money can also buy 2,384 Gulfsteam G650s.
- Apple sold 5.52 million Mac computers in the last quarter, which is the same population of Minnesota.
- It sold 39.3 million iPhones in the last quarter, which is more than the population of Canada.
- If the company is a national economy, it would be the 27th biggest in the world.
- It is expected to earn $100 billion net income this year, which is enough to acquire Snapchat 10 times.
- The difference between Apple and ExxonMobile when it comes to value is $60 billion, which can buy 444 5-22 fighter jets.
- It sold 243 million iOS devices in the past 12 months, which is enough to give all North Koreans 10 devices each.
- It sold 12.9 million iPads in the last quarter, which is 258 iPads for each of its employees.
- The company expects to sell some 30 million Apple Watches in the next couple of years, which could mean $10.5 billion in profit. That’s the same size of Nicaragua’s economy.