Apple has been around for almost 40 years and it has a great reputation to only hire some of the best people in the field of technology.
Of Course, it won’t come as a surprise if these people establish their own companies and turn them into massive success.
Here are successful companies founded by ex-Apple employees:
- Nest Labs (Tony Fadell and Matt Rogers). The former Apple engineers came up with a company that focuses on making connected thermostats and smoke detectors users can manage wirelessly. Google announced this year that it will but the company for $3.2 billion.
- Obi Mobile (John Sculley). The former Apple CEO came up with this budget smartphone brand that caters to emerging smartphone markets all over the world.
- Android (Andy Rubin). The former Apple engineer founded the Apple’s Gogle-owned rival. Now it dominated the mobile operating system market with 85 percent share all over the world.
- Electronic Arts (Trip Hawkins). He came up with the computer game company with the $200,000 he gained from his Apple stock. Now, EA’s marketing capitalization is more than $11 billion.
- Path (Dave Morin). This social networking mobile app is on the verge of being acquired by Apple to boost its social media presence.
- Flipboard (Evan Doll). The former senior iPhone software engineer founded this social media app, which is very popular for its superb design.
- Inkling (Matt Macinnis). The former senior manager of international education markets for apple left the company in 2009 and launched the interactive e-book publisher.