Employers look to hire or promote someone who pursues excellence. If you have that, then you have the biggest chance to succeed in your career. Other than that, here are some work habits that employers take note of that make certain employees become successful. You may check if you have these qualities. If you don’t, then the following are the values or habits you need to work on so YOU can be successful.
- Self-motivated. Do you love the challenge of constantly trying new things to help you become excellent? If you do, then you are certainly the person that most employers look for.
- Commercially-minded. This is another way of saying “thinking outside the box”. Look at different angles on where you can improve or in what area of the business you can contribute.
- Ownership. Take pride on the ideas or projects that you pitch. Put your brand in it. Likewise, take responsibility for the fall.
- Focus. Give more importance on things that add more value. Filter the ‘noise’ and put more value on the critical. When you do this, you add more quality to the outcome of what you’re working on.
- Self-reflective. The ability to criticize oneself guarantees you are learning from mistakes and glories.