Most people still have not overcome their fear of needles. But as you grow older, you will realize that there are blood tests (bigger than your fear) that are absolutely necessary in order to really evaluate your overall health condition.
- Prevention of heart attack. If you’re susceptible to acquiring a heart attack because both your parents had one, or because your BMI is off the charts, or because you’re over 40 years old, it would be necessary for you to have the CRP test. It’s a blood test that will identify the presence of the indicators of inflammation inside the body. It helps identify the presence of C-reactive proteins. The presence of these proteins causes blood clots and plaque buildup in the arteries.
- Figure out why you’re not feeling quite right. If you’re not sure what you’re suffering from, you need to get the vitamin B12 test that measures the amount of B12 in your blood. A vitamin B12 deficiency could lead to dementia, anemia, nerve issues, fatigue, and mood disorders.
- Essential blood test for women. If you really care about your weight, menstrual periods, mood, muscles, skin, hair, and energy levels, you must get the TSH or the thyroid-stimulating hormone. A blood test that checks for thyroid gland problems.
- Lack of vitamins. If you’re worried you’re not getting enough amount of vitamin D in your body, you must get the 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test. Vitamin D works with calcium, to strengthen your bones. If you have inadequate amount in your body, you need to have it checked right away.
- Save your liver. If you really want to save your life by keeping your liver healthy, you must do the Hepatitis C test, which detects live problems or diseases caused by the Hepatitis C virus. If not cured, this may lead to liver damage, cirrhosis, and even Cancer.