“Skipping breakfast is bad for health” is nothing but a myth. More and more studies conclude that people who skip breakfast are healthy too, and that skipping the first meal of the day leads to some real health benefits. Here are other reasons why skipping breakfast is a good idea.
- It doesn’t really help you metabolize faster. Contrary to popular beliefs that breakfast aid in metabolism, it’s the amount of calories that a person consumes that truly aids in metabolism.
- You will slowly begin to eat less. Rather than eating 6 smaller meals the entire day, which is by the way, less satisfying, skipping breakfast means you can eat less, and then eat large at the later part of the day.
- Increase your insulin sensitivity. Skipping breakfast helps you manage your blood sugar better. As a result your body will release more and more growth hormone helping your body burn more fat tissue and preserve lean tissue.
- Lowers your carb intake. No breakfast means no toast, no oatmeal, no cereal, and no pancakes, which are foods that contain high carbohydrates.
- You’ll become more tuned in with your body. Breakfast makes some people nauseous and it would be better to take cue from the body and just drink water with lemon or green juice instead of eating a whole meal.