Wondering what double chin exercises to involve in to get rid of that extra skin underneath your chin? No doubt, having those extra layers of skin or fat underneath the chin could be so annoying and embarrassing you sure don’t want to be seen around with friends, in photos, and on social media. And if you are so frantic for a solution look no further as I present these 5 easy and in fact the Best exercise for double chin.
Causes of Double Chin
Double chin causes could vary depending on the individual and issues relating to lifestyle. The causes could include:
Aging is a major factor responsible for the skin losing its elasticity. As one age the skin begins to lose the ability to repair worn out tissues and others leading to a drooping or sagging skin as well as resulting in a double chin.
Eating habits and weight gain
What you eat says a lot about you. It can invariably determine the state of your health as well as result in weight fluctuations or gain. Even where weight gain might not directly be the cause of a double chin it can serve as a contributing factor. The consumption of high caloric foods, unhealthy fats, and processed foods could result in weight gain. Obesity or over-weight can lead to neck and face fat thereby resulting in a double chin so beyond double chin exercises such a person must get rid of such negative eating habit.
Your genes might contribute to making you susceptible to developing a double chin. So if you come from a family with a history of double chins you have higher chances.
Are you like me, who spend long hours peering into a laptop screen or do you just find it impossible to let go of your Smartphone device? Well, poor posture and lack of face and neck exercises could very well make you another victim of a double chin. Bad body posture can result in your skin losing its elasticity over time due to wear and tear.
5 Stress-Free Exercises to Get Rid Of Double Chin
Now that you know the double chin causes let’s explore some of the double chin exercises on how to get rid of double chin fast:
Roll your neck
Neck rolling exercise offers excellent exercises to get rid of a double chin by exerting enough pressure on the muscles around the jaw and neck region. It helps tone and stretches the muscle thereby causing a release of tension right from the shoulder region to the neck and eventually the jaws. As the neck rolling action occurs it helps to tighten the muscles giving you more lean muscles as well as burn up little fat around the chin to help eliminate or reduce double chin. Because it is face and neck exercises it is, in fact, one of the best exercises for double chin.
- Stand upright in an erect position to free up the spine and entire body.
- Breath in deeply while turning your head to either the right or left shoulder till your chin reaches your shoulder.
- In a slow downward motion roll your head to your chest region allowing the chin to rest on the chest.
- Then move your chin to the opposite shoulder just like you did with the first.
- You can do this for about 5 times.
Stick your tongue out
The sticking the tongue exercise is so simple almost anyone can do it. It helps build a lean muscle around the chin by exerting pressure and as a way on how to lose a double chin.
- Take a comfortable position either standing or sitting.
- Open your mouth as wide as it possibly can and then stick out your tongue to your stretching limit.
- Continue stretching your tongue till you feel the tightness around your neck and chin before holding it in place.
- Count up to 10 before releasing it slowly.
- Repeat the double chin workout or exercise 5 to 10 times.
Kissing the ceiling
Now, this exercise is good because it applies pressure to the neck, jaw as well as the spine as helps on how to lose chin fat.
- Stand erect with your arms by your side.
- Raise your head back to look at the ceiling.
- Act like you want to kiss the ceiling by puckering your lips till they reach their limit.
- Maintain the position to feel the pressure to about 5 to 10 counts.
- Relax and go back to the starting position.
- Repeat the process at least 10 to 15 times for more effective chin fat reduction.
Having problems smiling? Well, let’s teach you how to give a big smile today using some simple facial exercises! A big smile exerts enough pressure on the nerves to keep them active and can also be a good avenue for double chin exercises or serve as double chin workout.
- To commence the Chin fat exercises or chin workout lie flat on the floor facing the ceiling without using a pillow.
- Make sure your knees take the bending position while your feet should be on the bed.
- Open your mouth very wide, trying to give a very broad smile but without closing your mouth.
- Still, in the smiling mood with mouth wide open, raise your head from the floor slightly and drop it down.
- Repeat the procedure 5 to 7 times to get the best from the chin fat exercises.
Related: Facts About Plank Exercise
The jaw release exercise avails the free flow of blood. It also helps for chin fat reduction or to lose chin fat. How to get rid of chin fat using jaw release:
- Take a comfortable position but make sure your spine is erect and upright.
- With your mouth closed to take a deep breath in through your nostrils while you move your jaws as if to chew a gum.
- Now exhale in a slow manner while you hum.
- When done, open your mouth wide, press your tongue to the teeth at the bottom.
- In the above position inhale and exhale with an ‘ah’ sound and do this for 60 to 90 seconds for an effective Chin fat removal.
Now that you know how to lose your double chin I must confess these 5 easy to use double chin exercises might look quite silly and too simple. But with regular practice, good diet and lifestyle adjustments you should be able to get rid of double chin within a few weeks. At least it saves you the stress of surgery for double chin removal.