After lunch, you have an urge to take a quick nap because you feel like your energy went down significantly. This may be caused by some of the foods you ate during lunch or breakfast.
Here are some foods that can make you feel tired:
- Bananas. Magnesium is a muscle relaxant mineral and foods like banana and pumpkin seeds are rich with it. These foods are best before you sleep and should be avoided in the day.
- White Bread. High glycemic index carbohydrates break down quickly, which means you won’t get the energy you need. Eat whole grains to get that energy you need for the day.
- Red Meat. It takes a lot of energy to break down high fat content in the red meat you eat. It is better to eat fish to get omega-3, which improves brain function and give better focus.
- Cherries. Since it is high in melatonin, it can help regulate sleep. Eat it at night before you sleep.
- Sweets. Sweets releases insulin, which in turn releases the amino acid tryptophan from your brain. This makes you sleepy.
- Coffee. This gives you a jolt of energy for an hour or so. After it wears off, you will feel really tired.