Superfoods are nutrient-rich foods that have health benefits that go beyond your ordinary health foods. Acai and pomegranate are proven superfoods, but these are very expensive. You don’t have to spend a fortune just to be healthy.
Here are some of the best superfoods that are fairly affordable:
- Beans. Fiber and protein are abundant in this superfood. Plus, beans are very inexpensive. They’re also rich in various vitamins and minerals. If you want to lose weight in a healthy way, eat beans.
- Blueberries. This is an amazing source of antioxidants. It is rich with vitamin C, polyphenols, manganese and Vitamin K. You’ll have healthier heart and bones with this superfood.
- Russet Potatoes. Potassium can boost proper body function. It is the way potatoes are cooked that makes them unhealthy. Don’t use oil when you prepare them.
- Fatty Fish. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It is great for your brain and you heart.
- Soy Nuts. For $4 to $7 a pound, this is probably the most affordable superfoods out there. It is rich in manganese and B vitamins.
- Fortified Cereal. It is unlikely that boxed food is considered a superfood, but some cereals are rich in iron and calcium. This is a very affordable way to be healthy.