“I need to lose weight!” — Is this thought running about in your head? If you’re all focused on how to lose weight fast, you’ll never get the trim your body needs. That’s because weight loss success requires that you put your body up for an overhaul and your mind and spirit are absolutely sold to the idea as well. Are you ready for a body whipping change? There’s so much that you can earn by changing how you think about food, how often you exercise, and even by knowing what vitamins to take to lose weight.
What is obesity?
Obesity and overweight are defined by the World Health Organization as “abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health”. A BMI of 25 or more makes you overweight while a BMI of 30 or more makes you obese. According to a report made by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, based on data available from 2011 to 2014, more than one-third of American adults are obese. During the same period, an estimated 12.7 million American children and adolescents suffered from obesity as well.
When you’ve been diagnosed with obesity, you will definitely need to know better than how to lose weight really fast. In fact, weight loss success does not equate with easy weight loss. Diet pills that work fast without exercise will not be able to give you more than just a marketing spiel.
What makes rapid weight loss bad for escaping obesity? Losing weight too fast can make your body suffer from developing the following conditions, among others, so that safe weight loss should be your top priority:
- Slower metabolism. This completely runs counter to what you would have your body do to help you shed weight. Losing too much too soon makes your body shift to a survival mode where you retain more calories from food and lose less fat at the same time. So, this answers your question, “Can I lose weight by not eating?”
- It can cause heart and breathing problems. Excessive loss of electrolytes can cause your system to behave poorly and may even result to a stroke or heart attack.
- It can lead to diabetes. If you don’t already have diabetes, losing too much weight, most especially when you don’t pay close attention to what you’re feeding your body with, can drive up your blood sugar levels.
What are the main causes of obesity?
Obesity has two major causes, the combination of which gives you a surplus amount of calories that your body stores as fats:
- Poor diet. If you love fast food and obesity is becoming a problem, your high fat, highly processed food is causing you to balloon in size. Palates that are highly accustomed to fast foods make it extra difficult to implement childhood obesity solutions. Too much fats, sugar and salt in your diet can also be the root causes of your weight problem.
- Lack of physical activity. Your body needs only a specific amount of calories to support normal body functioning. The exact amount varies depending on your body mass and type of physical activity that you engage in. An average built adult woman will need only 2,000 calories daily while an average built man will require 2,500. Weight loss success that successfully addresses overweight and obesity will definitely require you to step up your workout and keep moving.
Nevertheless, genetics and the onset of some diseases, such as thyroid disorders, can cause you to put on more weight. Birth control pills can also get in the way of your normal hormone levels which can affect digestion and metabolism.
What are the hazardous effect of obesity?
Following are just some of the consequences of obesity:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol levels
- Gall stones
- Arthritis and rheumatism
- Difficulty of movement
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Type II Diabetes
- Sleep apnea
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty of movement
Beyond these diseases, obesity can also seriously affect your self esteem, quality of life, and even the quality of your relationships. It can be depressing not to be able to do the things that you could perform not so long ago. Even when fighting childhood obesity, addressing mental health is essential in getting to the root cause of massive weight gain and, therefore, is an integral part of weight loss success.
How to prevent obesity?
The following natural remedies can help you effectively counter the effects of obesity and the same strategy may be followed for obesity prevention:
- Drink water-specially before meal. Well, it makes you feel fuller before you tackle your food but, it is best to keep water before meals to just one glass. Keep filling up with water throughout the day to avoid driving your energy levels low, making you crave for sugar.
- Drink green tea. Among the best foods to eat to lose weight, you should count teas in. Green tea and other teas help jumpstart healthy digestion and a more active metabolism.
- Avoid sugar. Part of your healthy diet plan to lose weight is cutting down on sugar. Refrain from using sugar substitutes, the health impact of which are still being debated.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. A healthy diet to lose weight includes taking in more raw, fresh foods in your diet. During meals, you should eat fruits first to prepare your stomach to digest your proteins, fats and fibers.
- Chew slowly. They say this is the French woman’s secret for indulging in food and chocolates without putting on excess weight. It is, in fact, one of the easy ways to lose weight because, by eating more slowly, you are giving yourself time to feel when you’re satiated and stop earlier so you don’t end up feeling bloated.
- Avoid fast food. One of the fastest ways to lose weight in a month is not to get your hands on fast foods. Start eating only home cooked meals and you will witness weight loss success in just a few days.
- Use stairs. Forget the lift. Get moving on the stairway. It’s one of the good ways to lose weight.
- Lift weights. Building up our muscles is a key strategy for you to enjoy one of the quickest ways to lose weight. More muscles means higher calorie burn even when you’re just resting.
- Do aerobic exercise. Looking for the easiest way to lose weight fast? Shortcuts don’t exist so get moving.
- Eat more protein. Protein makes you feel fuller longer. It also support muscle building.
What are the most Frequently Asked Questions About Weight Loss?
- Do weight loss supplements really work?
Do weight loss tablets actually work? Yes, but only if these are well-formulated. Make sure that the supplement that you are considering is backed up by clinical studies.
- How do weight loss supplements work? Can a supplement help me lose weight?
Yes, these can work. Weight loss supplements can help you attain weight loss success either by suppressing your appetite, enhancing metabolism or, reducing fat absorption.
- What are the disadvantages of weight loss supplements?
You should consult with your healthcare provider and ask about medically proven weight loss supplements so you can get professional advise about how it may affect your health and possibly react with other medications that you are taking.
- Can I lose weight without changing my diet?
No. Any credible weight loss system will recommend you to make adjustments. The equation for weight loss is simples: burn more calories, eat less to lose weight.
- How do I decrease my intake of sugar?
It all starts by taking account of nutrition information in your food. Another way is by decreasing sweets but also by decreasing “dirty” carbs in your diet, that includes white rice and white bread. Substitute these with whole grains.
Weight loss success does not answer the question, “What is the fastest way to lose weight?” Weight loss strategies that make sense are the ones that teach you discipline in terms of eating only what your body requires and getting into regular workouts. The reason is simple: There are really no easy ways to lose weight but there are sustainable ways of keeping it off. While supplements may be highly recommended among quick weight loss tips, it will never be enough to just chew or swallow a pill. You will still need to make dramatic adjustments to your lifestyle if you want to improve your health and appearance.