If you are not a big fan of beaches and the great outdoors, and you would rather let your mind wander through the imagination brought by compelling stories from novels, then here are some of the best summer reads you should not miss:
- Sinner. If you have read the #1 New York Times bestselling books the Shiver trilogy, then you have to read its companion book for summer. Love is one of the main themes of summer, and Maggie Stiefvater brings you that in this paranormal fantasy novel for the younger generation.
- Surrounded By Sharks. Michael Northop brings you a thrilling story about a 13-year-old boy named Davey Tsering who went to a “no swimming” zone and later on finds himself surrounded by, yes, sharks.
- Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer. Katie Alender brings you a story about Colette Iselin in this serial killer thriller set in Paris, France.
- Pineapple Grenade. Tim Dorsey brings you a Miami murder story about serial killer turned secret agent Serge Storms, whose life is in peril as Homeland Security plans to kill him.
- Rich Kids of Instagram: A Novel. Sex, drugs and intrigue are elements of a wild summer experience, and nothing can bring these things to you as much as the rich spoiled kids featured in this book.
- Beauty Queen. Imagine a beauty pageant produced by Mark Burnett in a deserted island, wouldn’t that be fun? This is the main theme of Libba Bray’s book as 50 young beauty queens get stranded in a deserted island with little or no necessities for survival.
- Saltwatter Buddha: A Surfer’s Quest to Find Zen in the Sea. Author Jaimal Yogis tells his story about how he embarked on an adventure to Maui and find true peace.