It has been 15 years since this cult classic was released.
To celebrate this wonderful movie, here are 19 things you probably didn’t know about it:
- According to director David Fincher, there is a Starbucks coffee cup in every scene, except for the one where a coffee shop was destroyed.
- Tyler Durden is flashed in screen four times before he was officially introduced in the movie.
- Maria Singer’s “I haven’t been f—ked like that since grade school” line was supposed to be “I want to have your abortion,” but 20th Century Fox had it changed.
- Edward Norton’s character in the movie doesn’t actually have a name. No, it is not Jack.
- There were several hints in the early parts of the movie that signals the twist in the end.
- Bob’s Meat Loaf fat suit is 100lbs filled with bird seeds to make its sag look real.
- Brad Pitt didn’t want his parents to see the movie. They insisted, but changed their mind in the chemical scene.
- Author Chuck Palahniuk was inspired to write the screenplay after he got beaten up in a camping trip for complaining about the noise.
- There is another warning on the screen in the DVD copy, which is actually from Tyler Durden.
- Helena Bonham Carter wanted the makeup artist to use the left hand, because she believes the character is not good at doing her own make up.