The 2014 Toronto international Film Festival will be held from September 4 to 14. Some of the entries in this event will hopefully find their way to the Oscars.
Here are 5 of the films featured in Tiff that you must not miss:
- The Judge. The opening film stars none other than the star of Iron Man himself, only without the suit. Hollywood’s highest-paid actor Robert Downey Jr. will play a more serious role in this film as a city lawyer defending his estranged father, who is the town judge.
- Haemoo (Sea Fog). South Korean pop sensation Park Yu-chun stars in this melodramatic maritime thriller by Snowpiercer director Bong Joon-ho. This film will be given a gala presentation in the Tiff, which is recognition only Hollywood extravaganzas usually receive.
- The Face of an Angel. Michael Winterbottom based this film from the book written by American journalist Barbie Latza Nadeau about the trial of Amanda Knox or the murder of Meredith Kercher.
- The New Girlfriend. Francois Ozon’s Young & Beautiful focuses on sex, while The New Girlfriend will focus on matters of love.
- Miss Julie. This film is based on the 1888 play by August Strindberg. It has been adapted to the big screen by Neil LaBute and Mike Figgis. Now, Norwegian actor and director Liv Ullmann show the audience her own rendition of the play.