The list of 20 participants from television, film, music, and sports to be contesting in the 2014 Toyota grand Prix of Long Beach Pro/Celebrity Race is finally out. This will be the 38th charity race to take place on April 12 on the 1.97-mile street course in downtown Long Beach, California.
210-horsepower Scion FR-S race-prepped cars will take to the streets cruising at high speeds and demanding bends in the support of “Racing for Kids,” a national fundraising program to help U.S. children in hospitals. Some of the renowned competitors include:
- Eric Braeden Emmy award-winning daytime superstar popularly known as Victor Newman on the soap opera “The Young and the Restless”
- Adrien Brody: Academy award-winning actor in “Pianist”. Recently seen in “The Grand Budapest Hotel” and “Midnight in Paris”.
- Corbin Bleu: Model, actor, producer and singer-songwriter who performed in “High School Musical” series and the first runner-up in the 2013 Fall season of “Dancing with the Stars”.
- Brett Davern: the star in MTV’s hit series “Awkward” and also performed in “Movie 43” and “Born to Race: first Track”
- Colin Egglesfield: best known for his roles on “Rizzoli & Isles,” “The Client List,” and “Melrose Place”.
- Carmelita Jeter:the American sprinter and three-time Olympic Gold medalist, often refrred to as “the fastest woman in the world”
- Cole Hauser: television and film actor starring with Jonny Depp in the upcoming “Transcedence”. Also acted in “Olympus Has Fallen,” and “A good Day to Die Hard”.
- Tricia Helfer: the actress recently featured in the television show “Killer Women”. “Battlestar Galactica” and “Burn Notice” are some of her other credits.
- Phil Keoghan: Emmy award-winning New Zealand-born TV personality renowned for his role as host of popular series “Amazing race”.
- Vanessa Marcil: Emmy award winning actress well known for her parts in “General hospital” and “Las Vegas.”
- Brian McKnight: singer-songwriter, producer, and R&B musician who has been nominated several times for Grammy Awards.
- Lisa Stanely: Entertainment Reporter on K-EARTH 101 FM morning show together with Gary Bryan. Also featured on TV’s “Hard Copy” and “Rick Dees Show.”
- Max Thieriot: Actor currently starring as Dylan Masset on “Bates Motel.” She played roles in the film “Hosee at the End of the Street” and “Catch That Kid.”
- Nick Wechsler: Actor recently seen on ABC’s “Revenge” as jack Porter. Had recurrent roles on “Without a Trace” and “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”
- Sam Witwer: Depicts vampire Aidan Waite on the North American remake of “Being Human.” Also spotted on “Battlestar Galactica” and “SmallVille.”
NASCAR racer and Fox personality are some of the pro drivers who will be competing against the stars including Kyle Petty, Al Unser Jr., and Rutledge Wood, 2013 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race champion.
Jim Michaelian, president and CEO of the Grand Prix Association said this is an exciting and competitive group of stars, athletes, pro drivers, and musicians that will put on a great show.
To round out the fields will be charity winner Doug Fregin, co-founder, and former vice president of operations for Research in Motion (RIM) together with Dr. William Pinsky, the founder and president of “Racing for Kids”, executive vice president of Ochsner Health System.
Toyota has donated more than $2 million to the “Racing for Kids” since 1991for and on behalf of the participants of this race.