Summer parties are the rave these days and it would be wise to attend to some if you want to keep your status up among your peers. The schedule has been in your planner for months and finally, the days are drawing near. What would be better is to attend to all of these parties rising above the dress code(or at least follow it).
Dressing up can always throw any sensible woman into paroxysms of anxiety regardless if you work in the fashion industry or not. At least that’s what Emily Sheffield, Vogue magazine’s deputy director, said. In an article about the fashion magazine’s “New Rules On Party Dressing,” it was stated that a party calls for a lot of planning, and planning would always involve the dream fantasy you have ever since you were a child. The problem arises when you realize your fantasy has hit the wall called reality. Then you will know you are constrained with the budget. It’s very difficult to meet expectations with reality especially when you have no idea what a party dress costs and LBDs are just too limiting.
Other than that, here is what Sheffield advices on women who have been invited for summer soirees and how to properly dress up in the occasion.
1. Short dresses are fail-safe items for any dance party. Since it’s summer, expect the prices for summer dresses to drop down to 50% less their original value. There are plenty of choice for short and glittery dresses.
2. Pair your minis up with thick tights and knee high boots. OR wear a poloneck sweater for an autumn. winter look during summer.
3. Floor length dresses or long dresses set the level of difficulty higher. What you need to do is take inspiration from the glamour of the French Riviera and the theme of the Seventies Gucci.
4. Long dresses are worthy investment because they will last forever in your fashionista wardrobe and they become more valuable during wedding events.
5. If you like the sweetness of the country meadow, remember this tip: keep the bloom prints minimal or micro. Don’t go for the large wallpaper prints style because it will dispute the sweetness that you were going for.
6. For long dresses, always pair them with flats. Not only are flat shoes good stead in the dance floor, they are perfect accompaniment to any vintage dress.
7. For other accessories, shoulder grazing earrings are a good idea. So are low ballerina buns and Chanel Rouge Noir nails.