Last August 8 was World Cat Day. To celebrate the feline holiday, it would be great to take a look at some of the most iconic cat eyes on celebrities.
Cat eyes have a timeless appeal, thanks to their style-defining range. It can present that Old Hollywood glamour if it is properly applied.
Cat eyes style is simply spectacular, graphic, and has a touch of counter-culture punk to it.
There are celebrities who wore this look quite perfectly, from Siouxsie Sioux to Brigitte Bardot and Marilyn Monroe to Amy Winehouse.
Here are some of the most iconic celebrities with cat eyes:
- Brigitte Bardot – This French actress is one of the hottest ladies out there in the 1950s and 1960s, thanks to her cat eyes.
- Alexa Chung – This British Dj brings a modern look to it.
- Amy Winehouse – Her exaggerated swipe makes the late music superstar stand out.
- Anouk Aimée – This French Actress made cat eyes timeless.
- Dita Von Teese – This Brunette beauty emphasized her beautiful eyes with the right cat eye make up.
- Francoise Hardy – This French singer and actress wears those cat eyes quite naturally.
- Grace Jones – With those incredible cheek bones and dark complexion, her cat eyes are very captivating.
- Jean Shrimpton – He is known to be one of the first supermodels of the world and it was her eyes that completed the package.
- Marilyn Monroe – Those heavily lidded cat eyes is one of the major reasons why she is an American sex symbol in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Ronnie Spector – Rock n’ Roll and cat eyes couldn’t be a more perfect blend than Ronnie’s style.
- Siouxsie Sioux – Her exaggerated eye make up is one of the major qualities of Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- Sophia Loren – With the right shade and strokes, she simply looks like the Sphinx of old Egypt.