A lot of people spend their entire life looking for the fountain of youth. The truth is, living a longer life is quite easy. You simply have to practice a few easy disciplines everyday.
Here are the little things you can do every day to live a longer life:
- Run around the block. Simply run for five minutes every day. Studies show that running less than an hour a week gives you the same health benefit that running for more than three hours a week can give.
- If you drink coffee and you don’t feel any side effects including gastric upset, anxiety, or headaches, then it means you are a “fast metabolizer” and your body is absorbing all the benefits from drinking coffee. Drink up to three cups a day.
- Take on responsibility, like taking care of a pet or a plant. Study shows it increases your well-being. Remember, it is never too late to take on responsibility.
- Volunteer for a beautiful cause. The feeling you get from helping others gives you so much more than the effort you gave.
- Great sex provides better physical function and higher health satisfaction.
- Being optimistic is good. But adding a little realism in your life helps you prepare for the worst. It does not necessarily mean be a pessimist though.
- If you don’t have enough time for a daily exercise routine, at least stand up as much as you can. It can help prevent cardiovascular diseases.