You have seen the iconic scene from Rocky where Sylvester Stallone gulps in three raw eggs as part of his training regimen. With the new findings on eggs, that may be the reason why after 40 decades, Sly still looks fit and ready for action in some of his movies today, like The Expandables franchise.
1. Keeps You Satisfied. Eggs keep you full for a longer time, making you take in fewer calories for the day.
2. Lose Weight. Eggs keep you satiated, which helps greatly in weight loss.
3. Protein Rich. Eggs give you all the amino acid your body needs because it is very rich in protein.
4. Inexpensive. Eggs are nutritious but are very inexpensive, compared to meat.
5. Better Cholesterol Profile. Eggs don’t worsen your cholesterol issues and it doesn’t increase your risk for heart diseases. Eggs actually give you better cholesterol profile because it raises HDL, which is the hood cholesterol.
6. Improves Brain Function. Eggs have choline, which improves brain function and development.
7. Better Eyesight. Eggs have leutin and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that protect your eyes from the damage that UV exposure can inflict.
8. Rich in Nutrients. Eggs are rich in nutrients such as Vitamin B12, B2, A, B5, and Slenium. It also has small amounts of almost all of the vitamins and minerals the body needs.