When you feel unhealthy, you go to the doctor to get treated. But sometimes there are diseases that even doctors find hard to identify because they are non-specific and are variable to each person.
Here are the top diseases doctors usually diagnose wrongly:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This is when you have been suffering abdominal pain and constipation for over three months.
- Celiac Disease. This is a reaction to gluten that causes inflammation in your small intestine.
- Fibromyalgia. This is a widespread pain in the musculoskeletal system.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. This is an autoimmune disorder characterized by painful inflammation and swelling of the joint.
- Multiple Sclerosis. This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune system attacks the nervous system disturbing the communication between the brain and the body.
- Lyme Disease. Besides tick bites and bulls eye rash, this is also characterized by headaches, fatigue, flu, joint pains and other symptoms.
- Lupus. This inflammatory disease is characterized by that butterfly like rash on the cheeks.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Some of its symptoms include unexplained weight gain, irregular menstrual cycle, and difficulty in getting pregnant.
- Appendicitis. It is very difficult to identify inflamed appendix. The symptoms include nausea and tenderness with pain on the belly button area.
Here are other honorable mentions:
- Cluster Headaches
- Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome