Sibling rivalry has changed the course of history since the time of Cain and Abel. Some sibling rivalries are friendly, while others are down right resentful.
Here are some of the extreme sibling rivalries of history:
- Brothers Mukesh and Anil Ambani battled for ownership for their father’s reliance Industries telecommunication company. They are not feuding anymore, but new deals are arising and may lead to new battles.
- Sisters LaVerne, Patty, and Maxene Andrews is one of the most popular recording group in history. Amidst their sweet, girl tri image, they have been feuding behind the camera and the music for a long time.
- Brothers Jeppe jarnit-Bjergso and Mikkel Borg Bjergso started their brewing business together, but later on their relationship became ugly as they feuded against each other.
- Prestley and Curtis Blake were best of friends when they put up their Friendly’s ice cream business. But with another deal in 2007, their friendship fell apart.
- Mary and Anne Boleyn share almost everything, including even their lover, who was King Henry VIII. Mary Boleyn is reputed as “The Other Boleyn Girl.”
- Christopher Ciccone and Madonna were very close when they started their career, but they suddenly started a cold war after “Life With My Sister Madonna” was released in 2008.
- Adolf and Rudolf Dassler started their shoe business in 1920, but later on, the same business separated the brothers and the entire town where they manufactured the shoes.
- Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine have been competing with each other since they were young. They have been competing for acting gigs, their mother’s attention, and even men. They have been under a cold war until Joan died in 2013.
- Liam and Noel Gallagher are both former Oasis members and their sibling rivalry brought them to court as Liam blamed his brother for the band’s breakup.