Moving in together is considered as one of the biggest milestones in any relationship. Apart from sharing your apartment with your loved one you can actually split the rental cost and also help each other with the household chores and other responsibilities. Things are little different for the live-in couples staying in own apartment or a rented one.
Are you taking the right step?
Moving in together with your partner is no doubt a very huge drastic step for your relationship. Apart from the living space and the costs you are actually going to share your lives as well. Make sure that you are doing it right with the correct person before you take the big jump and staying in a live-in relationship with your partner in a rented apartment.
Are you doing it for right reasons?
Couples must understand that sharing an apartment together and sharing their lives is a very big thing. It is advisable that you must weigh the advantages and disadvantages of staying as a live-in couple in any house for rent. It should not happen just to test your relationship or sharing the expense. You both must have the love and the zeal to stay together and share your lives with each other. Do it for the right reasons.
Things that must be considered
- Once you plan to move in together, it is of utmost importance to make sure that the financial or the money aspect is clearly sorted out between the two. Since the expenses will get shared both of you must sit down, keep you heads cool and plan out the expenditures and who will take responsibility of what. For instance, the water and electricity bill payments, grocery shopping, miscellaneous expenses, buying new stuffs for the house etc.
- Staying together over the weekend and moving in together is not the same. There is a difference between the two stays. Thus, it is important for you and your partner to come up with some ground rules for both of you in order to maintain and balance the bliss of staying together. There are many things that are not liked by you about your partner and vice-versa.
- Moving in together and staying together doesn’t in any way mean that you both will not enjoy your own living space in any rental apartment or flat Both of you have the individual personal space and do things that you both love and enjoy. Enjoy the life to the fullest.
- You have to get one thing very clear and that is your relationship will go through some changes. The quicker you accept it, the better it is for your relationship to sustain and balance.
- Don’t be bothersome to other neighbors with your behavior or act. It is best suggested that you should not give any scope to your landlord for any complaints.
If you are moving in with your partner in a rented apartment, it is important to take care of the above mentioned aspects and enjoy a blissful stay in the property.