In school, you were taught that if you have big grades, if you are achiever in school activities, if you graduate with colours, if you land on a high paying job in a big company, and if you find stability and security, you would be successful in life.
Here are some difficult to accept lessons about success that you don’t normally come across with:
- The universe didn’t conspire to make you succeed or fail, what happened to you is totally your own doing and you are responsible for it.
- After learning lesson number one, you will realize that the only thing stopping you from being successful is yourself. So, if you want to become successful, stop blaming other people, circumstances, or things, start blaming yourself and change your bad attitude.
- Being a good person can widen your network and improve your reputation, however, being a good person does not mean the universe owes you something and you deserve to be successful.
- They say the harder you work, the luckier you get. But the truth is, luck is one of the major factors for success. It’s called a confluence of events. You may be talented and skilful on a particular field, but without the right break, you will never be successful.
- You should live in the present moment, because no matter how hard you protect what’s yours, everything you worked hard for can be taken away from you in an instant.
- Even if you think, do and say the right things, there is still no guarantee that you will succeed in life. This is not an excuse to not strive hard to be successful though.
- Narrowing your success into a single definition, like having plenty of money is not a good idea. Your happiness depends on how much you allow yourself to be happy. There are different aspects of success and you better get mentally acquainted with each of it as soon as you can.