There are movies that just inspire the patriot inside you every 4th of July regardless you watch them yourself, with your friends, or with your loved ones.
Here are some of the best movies you and the whole family should watch on the 4th of July:
- American Graffiti. Chicago Reader’s Dave Kehr said this is a brilliant popular art that redefines the meaning of nostalgia. You can watch this movie with teenagers, young adults, adults and even the seniors in your household. It shows you American at its finest during the ‘60s.
- Independence Day. From the title alone, you know you have to watch this. Bill Pulman probably delivered the cheesiest and most emotional freedom speech in movie history in this movie. If you want more than just fireworks, you have to watch Will Smith in this movie battle aliens to defend Earth’s freedom.
- Glory. Watch Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, and Morgan Freeman fight in the Civil War along with the first all-black regimen in the military. This movie is deeply patriotic that would alleviate the value of prejudice and racism among the viewers.
- Moonrise Kingdom. This movie will let you remember what it was like being 12 years old and under turmoil. You can watch this with the whole family, but let the kids sleep ahead with some of the movie’s almost “R” scenes. Enjoy a summer camp atmosphere with this movie.
- My Girl. This is a story about the coming of age of youngsters with a message that would resonate across the generations whatever season it is. It is a very charming and modest movie that tweens and adults can enjoy together.
Here are some other honourable mentions:
- Top Gun
- Free Willy
- To Kill a Mockingbird