“Movies are my biggest education,” there are people who say this. Movies do have a lot of lessons that you can use in real life. However, there are also a lot of lessons you get from movies that are actually blatant lies.
Here are some of the biggest lies in movies:
- Sharks attack people, even in the beaches. No they don’t, and “Jaws” depicted sharks in a wrong light.
- You are entitled to one phone call when you get arrested. No you are not, you can get an attorney for that phone call though.
- Lemmings fell off cliffs and die as they follow each other. Disney faked this in their 1958 “White Wilderness” show.
- Quicksand will swallow you. This only happens in Indiana Jones and not in real life.
- Kilts are part of the old Scotland tradition. Kilts are not as old as you think.
- Igloos are the main houses of Eskimos. These are just temporary structures for the Inuit.
- Small holes can cause airplanes to plummet down from the atmosphere. Small holes cause not much effect on the plane.
- The skin can suffocate if all of it is covered by certain substances like gold. This is a lie depicted in James Bond Goldfinger.