When the first Star Wars became a phenomenal hit, George Lucas came up with a sequel, which was bigger. Sequels could be amazing, but not all “part twos” works.
Here are the worst movie sequels in history:
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. The slapstick jokes in this 2004 follow up just weren’t as funny as the original’s witty humour.
- Speed 2: Cruise Control. The 1997 sequel did not have anything great about the original, plus Keanu Reeves wasn’t the leading actor, so.
- Grease 2. Well, they should have just stick with Grease.
- Ocean’s Twelve. The first one was just amazing, but the second one seems like they just robbed themselves from good filmmaking.
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It seems like Michael Bay likes to blow everything up, even this film’s sequels.
- Teen Wolf Too. The 1985 original had a formula on teen movies that they weren’t able to pull off in this sequel.
- Book of Shadows Blair Witch 2. We already know it is not true, so what’s the point, right?
- Look Who’s Talking Too. Bruce Willis’ George in the first one was amazing. This sequel looks as messy as potty training.
- Blues Brothers. There are some bands that should just remain disbanded.
- Son of the Mask. It just won’t work without Jim Carrey.
- American Psycho II: All American Girl. A satirical classic turned slasher movie. They simply murdered this classic.
- Basic Instinct 2. Even though Sharon Stone is still here, the movie is just a mess.
- Another Nine & a Half Weeks. No one wants to see a sweaty Mickey Rourke, unless it is an action movie.
- Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Michael Douglas and Oliver Stone just couldn’t pull it off again, even though the country’s economic crisis desperately needs a sequel to Wall Street.