Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
It is advertised as the single greatest advancement in cooking technology in decades. Anova Precision cooker has been featured in Forbes magazine, The New York Times and Gizmodo among other popular magazines. This cooking technique allows you to produce restaurant quality meals with no effort at all.
Originally Precision Cooker was used only in high-end restaurants by world class chefs. Anova Precision Cooker now comes in affordable varieties and has as such made its way into homes.
The Anova Precision Cooker is available for only $179.00 on its official website as well as on other third party sites. No return policy or shipping information is provided on the official website. There is however contact information provided should one wish to make a query, give feedback or just communicate with the company.
Manufacturer Information about Anova Precision Cooker
Anova was founded by Stephen Svajian, Natalie Vaughn and Jeff Wu in 2013. The company’s headquarters is in San Francisco. These founders were motivated by two ideas, the first being the desires to change the way people cook through science and technology and the second, wanting to make devices that are accessible to everyone. Since its inception, they have been focused on making the best quality precision cooking devices in the world that are affordable.
How Does Anova Precision Cooker Work?
To use the Anova Precision you additionally require heavy duty zipper lock bags that can withstand temperatures of up to 90.5C/195F and a pot/ a plastic bin/cooler to hold water. The cooking vessel has to be able to hold water at least 8 inches deep for proper circulation.
The concept behind Anova Precision Cooker is smart cooking. It can be used to prepare anything, from corn on the cob to chicken breasts. All you need is the device and a smart phone and voila! Perfect food and on time! All you have to do is;
- Place your food in a plastic bag.
- Attach the immersion calculator into a pot of water and set it to the desired temperature.
- Immerse the plastic bag in to the water.
- The water gently circulates around the food heating it to the precise temperature necessary to produce amazing results.
- Once the food is ready, you can sear, serve or even save for later.
- After use, just drain the water from the pot and give it a good wash, throw away the plastic bags and clean the Anova like you would your dishes.
Advantages of Anova Precision Cooker
- One does not have to vacuum seal the food when cooking through this method.
- It allows you to make restaurant quality food.
- It gives you sweet food without losing flavors and nutrients.
- It is especially perfect for pork and chicken as it pasteurizes the meat giving it a subtle and crispy to taste pink meat that is absolutely delicious.
- It increases the shelf-life for foods.
- It allows you time to socialize with your guests as you can cook all the meals you need in such a short time ahead of the scheduled entertainment.
- It can be used to make a variety of meals from salmon, steak, pork, eggs etc.
- It comes with a user manual and clips on its websites on how to get started.
- It is easy to clean after use.
- It still gives you the option of playing with spices if you wish to.
Drawbacks of Anova Precision Cooker
- It is still a relatively new product and as such not as popular.
- One has to have a smart phone to access the app.
Anova Precision Cooker Safety and Precautionary Measures
Cooking in a bag is totally safe; it is perhaps the safest and healthiest method there is of cooking. It is not only hygienic but allows you preserve food for an even longer period without worrying about it going bad.