Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Arthroplex is a dietary supplement that is designed to help maintain healthy joint functioning. According to the producers, this product combines natural inflammation fighting ingredients with nourishing and pain fighting ingredients. The product is designed for all sizes of dogs to be used a supplement, not as a treatment, for rehabilitating joint related complications.
What you should know about Arthroplex?
- The manufacturer claims that this product is made from natural, pure ingredients and botanicals that have been proven safe for use
- The product comes in white bottle with a white label and contains approximately 180 capsules
- The official website sells the 180 capsule bottle at $34.00. This price may change depending on the store you buy it from. The price generally will also change depending on the shipping and handling information you use.
- The manufacturer claims that this product has been formulated by a group of leading veterinary doctors and has been approved for safety and effectiveness.
Who is behind this product?
This is a product made by Thorne Research, Inc. According to the website, this company was founded in Seattle, Washington in 1984. They later relocated Thorne Research from Seattle to Sandpoint, Idaho. They claims that they expanded to different international markets due to the popularity of the product.
How does Arthroplex work?
Arthroplex manages to maintain a healthy cartilage by incorporating the proven joint protection power of glucosamine with other supportive ingredients and botanicals. The manufacturer claims that this product is better than similar products since Arthroplex is made from only pure ingredients that are absorbed readily in smaller breeds and larger breeds alike. Likewise, it is important to have a formulation that can be absorbed readily by older dogs whose intestinal functions are limited. The major activity associated with this product is to repair degenerated tissue and cartilage and to stop joint inflammation.
What ingredients are used in Arthroplex?
This product packs some well-known ingredients that have been used in the joint care industry for the longest time now. The following are the most active ingredients;
- Glucosamine – inarguably the most popular and common joint care ingredient. Glucosamine is known to help repair and regenerate degenerated cartilage. Glucosamine is naturally found in the bodies of pets, but if the levels are low, it can cause joint problems.
- Boswellia – Boswellin is a natural extracted that has been used for hundreds of years to ease inflammation and the pain that comes with it. It is believed to be a powerful source of anti-inflammation agents. It is believed to inhibit the activity of lipoxygenase enzymes, and this promotes the animal’s normal inflammatory response
- Curcumin – this ingredient just like Boswellia, helps support a healthy inflammatory response.
- Bromelain – bromelain is a protein-digesting enzyme complex harvested from pineapple tree and it is believed to have pain killing effects and fights off joint inflammation. Bromelain also promotes fibrinolytic activity and is believed to inhibit thromboxane.
- DL-Phenylalanine – this is a component of the catecholamine neurotransmitter cascade.
Benefits of using Arthroplex
- It is made from natural ingredients that have been proven to be effective in joint care
- It has no harmful side effects
- It is made by a reputable company
- Reasonably priced.
Drawbacks of using Arthroplex
- Some internet reviews label it as a scam
- The product is not fortified with vitamins
This has absolutely helped my dog through the pain of tearing her ACL; she happily runs and plays again-although we are careful enough to monitor her exercise so she doesn’t hurt herself again. I would give it 5 stars if it was chewable-I open the capsule and mix with a little yogurt, banana, or peanut butter and she gobbles it right up. – karla
My really sick dog takes this and we noticed a significant improvement after 2 weeks. She hates taking the pills because they are so big and have a certain smell to them, but we just wrap it in doggy ice cream and she takes it.
We noticed the biggest improvement in her personality, she is happier more playful and enjoys life more now it seems. It definitely helps with her arthritis and aches and pains. – Bladestorm
Dosage and administration information
The recommended dosage for cats and dogs is;
- Cats: 1 capsule daily
- Dogs: 1-2 capsules per 25 lbs body weight two times daily for 2 weeks then one time daily.
Warnings and Precautions
- Although this product is safe to use, it may cause undesired side effects to dogs that are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. If your dog is known to have any allergic reactions to fish, it is advisable to proceed with caution. Seek veterinary help in case of undesirable effects.
- This product doesn’t not treat any known ailment. It is designed for care and rehabilitation purposes only. It can be bought over the counter but we recommend seeking veterinary approval first. Pets can be complicated and this means we can misdiagnose very easily.
- Incase of accidental overdose, seek help immediately
- Keep Arthroplex away from children and direct sunlight.