Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Arthroplex is a dietary supplement that is designed to help maintain healthy joint functioning. According to the producers, this product combines natural inflammation fighting ingredients with nourishing and pain fighting ingredients. The product is designed for all sizes of dogs to be used a supplement, not as a treatment, for rehabilitating joint related complications.
What you should know about Arthroplex?
- The manufacturer claims that this product is made from natural, pure ingredients and botanicals that have been proven safe for use
- The product comes in white bottle with a white label and contains approximately 180 capsules
- The official website sells the 180 capsule bottle at $34.00. This price may change depending on the store you buy it from. The price generally will also change depending on the shipping and handling information you use.
- The manufacturer claims that this product has been formulated by a group of leading veterinary doctors and has been approved for safety and effectiveness.
Who is behind this product?
This is a product made by Thorne Research, Inc. According to the website, this company was founded in Seattle, Washington in 1984. They later relocated Thorne Research from Seattle to Sandpoint, Idaho. They claims that they expanded to different international markets due to the popularity of the product.
How does Arthroplex work?
Arthroplex manages to maintain a healthy cartilage by incorporating the proven joint protection power of glucosamine with other supportive ingredients and botanicals. The manufacturer claims that this product is better than similar products since Arthroplex is made from only pure ingredients that are absorbed readily in smaller breeds and larger breeds alike. Likewise, it is important to have a formulation that can be absorbed readily by older dogs whose intestinal functions are limited. The major activity associated with this product is to repair degenerated tissue and cartilage and to stop joint inflammation.
What ingredients are used in Arthroplex?
This product packs some well-known ingredients that have been used in the joint care industry for the longest time now. The following are the most active ingredients;
- Glucosamine – inarguably the most popular and common joint care ingredient. Glucosamine is known to help repair and regenerate degenerated cartilage. Glucosamine is naturally found in the bodies of pets, but if the levels are low, it can cause joint problems.
- Boswellia – Boswellin is a natural extracted that has been used for hundreds of years to ease inflammation and the pain that comes with it. It is believed to be a powerful source of anti-inflammation agents. It is believed to inhibit the activity of lipoxygenase enzymes, and this promotes the animal’s normal inflammatory response
- Curcumin – this ingredient just like Boswellia, helps support a healthy inflammatory response.
- Bromelain – bromelain is a protein-digesting enzyme complex harvested from pineapple tree and it is believed to have pain killing effects and fights off joint inflammation. Bromelain also promotes fibrinolytic activity and is believed to inhibit thromboxane.
- DL-Phenylalanine – this is a component of the catecholamine neurotransmitter cascade.
Benefits of using Arthroplex
- It is made from natural ingredients that have been proven to be effective in joint care
- It has no harmful side effects
- It is made by a reputable company
- Reasonably priced.
Drawbacks of using Arthroplex
- Some internet reviews label it as a scam
- The product is not fortified with vitamins
Dosage and administration information
The recommended dosage for cats and dogs is;
- Cats: 1 capsule daily
- Dogs: 1-2 capsules per 25 lbs body weight two times daily for 2 weeks then one time daily.
Warnings and Precautions
- Although this product is safe to use, it may cause undesired side effects to dogs that are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. If your dog is known to have any allergic reactions to fish, it is advisable to proceed with caution. Seek veterinary help in case of undesirable effects.
- This product doesn’t not treat any known ailment. It is designed for care and rehabilitation purposes only. It can be bought over the counter but we recommend seeking veterinary approval first. Pets can be complicated and this means we can misdiagnose very easily.
- Incase of accidental overdose, seek help immediately
- Keep Arthroplex away from children and direct sunlight.