Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Bell & Howell Ultrasonic Light Mist Color Changing Humidifier is a humidifier that enhances the quality of air in the home setting. This product can also be used to mix different aromas or smell through fundamental oils. It emits cool mist that compliments the moisture in the immediate atmosphere thus helps to ease coughing and sinus complications. From the name, this device changes color to suit the ambience of the room at the moment. This device is meant for improving indoor humidity and retails for $49.99.
How it works
Basically, this device works by transforming water into mist which increases the humidity of the air around the room. It features a ceramic diaphragm that vibrates at an ultrasonic frequency on contact with water. Contact with water triggers the breakdown of the water droplets into relatively smaller droplets that is emitted by the device in form of mist. As for the aroma, it features an ultrasonic color changing humidifier that releases the oils placed in it by the user at the same time the mist is being released into the air. It creates a pleasant smell around the room
Design and key features
- It is quiet because of its whisper functionality.
- It has an auto-off capability. This means that it can automatically turn off once the desired humid settings of the user have been attained.
- It can contain a gallon of water.
- It has aroma diffusing capability.
- It has a ceramic filter which is specifically meant for removing bacteria from the atmosphere.
- It has mist output functionality.
Active Key Ingredients
- Its mist output functionality is adjustable as per the user’s preference.
- This device can run around the clock on a 24-hour basis.
- The auto-off function limits the time and efforts of manually operating the machine.
- It prevents respiratory health problems such as irritating sinuses, dry throats and dry coughs.
- It also prevents the skin from drying out.
- It is easy to clean.
- It has a 7-color spectrum from which the user can choose from in order to create the perfect ambience.
- It requires very minimal maintenance.
- It is energy efficient.
- It is suitable for children’s bedrooms.
- It improves concentration and boosts mood.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee policy.
- It is not known, nor does the manufacturer provide the frequency with which the ceramic filters need to be replaced.
- Information on the cost of replacing the filters is also not availed.
How to use Bell & Howell Ultrasonic Humidifier
This device is very easy to use and does not feature lengthy procedures of installation or careful step-by-step usage criteria. It comes with a diffuser tray from which you need to pour a few drops of the essential oil and let the machine take over from there. The fragrance can be of the user’s preference. On a similar note, on purchase of this device, the customer receives three different essential oils; eucalyptus, lemongrass and citrus.
While changing color makes this device unique, it does not pose any serious health complication. If anything, it addresses some of these complications specifically respiratory related problems. The filters should always be kept clean in order to avoid spread of bacteria.