Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Benefit Puff-off is an eye gel designed to soothe and reduce the swelling of puffy eyes. The product claims to create a “satiny smooth” appearance to the skin in the eye areas, minimizing puffiness and reducing the appearance of creases and fine lines around the eyes. It is available for $29 for a 0.34 fluid ounce tube.
The Age Escape product is manufactured by the company Age Escape. Benefit Puff-off is made by Benefit Cosmetics, a San Francisco-based company. The product range had humble beginnings out of a small makeup shop in the Mission District in 1976. The company adopted the brand name of Benefit Cosmetics in 1990, and the brand established their first department store counter in New York’s Henri Bendel. Over the next twenty years, the company expanded operations, building counters in Harrods in London, England and all around the world. The Benefit Cosmetics product range including Puff-off are now available in boutiques and department stores throughout the U.S and online.
Benefit Cosmetics offer customers a thirty day, no hassle guarantee. You can return a product you are not totally happy with within thirty days of the shipping date for a refund (minus handling, shipping, gift wrap and any other applicable charges.
You can check the status of your refund by calling or contacting the Benefit Cosmetics Customer Care team.
How to Use Benefit Puff-off:
Apply a dot of Benefit Puff-off under each eye. Glide the gel on using the “ironing tip”. The product can be used on both bare skin or over the top of makeup. If you are wearing makeup, you will need to gently pat the gel with your fingertips to ensure that it is properly blended with the skin
The Ingredients List
Unlike many cosmetic and beauty products, Benefit Cosmetics have provided a full ingredient list so that you can have confidence about allergic reactions and sensitivities. The ingredients include;
- Water; used to create the gel base
- Isohexadecane; a high purity emollient used to create a creamy consistency.
- Nylon-12; a polymer.
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene; another polymer
- Isododecane; this solvent is used to create spreadability and a weightless feel to the product.
- Butylene Glycol; this chemical compound is used as a solvent to thin the gel and make it easier to use.
- Silica; is a nano porous grain,
- Sodium Acrylates Copolymer; this sodium-based chemical is used to bind and control viscosity.
- Glycerin is used as a humectant to attract moisture to the skin
- Alumina is a chemical compound used to create the texture of the product.
- Titanium Dioxide Ci 77891 is an unreactive white solid to create pigment.
- Vinyl Alcohol Copolymer (Sodium Acrylate) is used to thicken and bind the gel.
Other ingredients include Alkane C13-15, Alcohol Denat, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163, Caprylyl Glycol, Sunflower seed oil (Helianthus Annuus), Phospholipids, Sodium Acrylic Acid, Polyglyceryl-10 Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Menthoxypropanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Steareth-20, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Potassium Sorbate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Linalool, Colors; Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) & Red 40 (Ci 16035), Tocopheryl Acetate, Limonene, Dipeptide-2, Citronellol, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Citric Acid,, Sodium Chloride, Bht, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopherol.
- Reduces the puffiness of the eyes, which can make you look tired and older.
- Cools and soothes the sensitive skin around the eyes
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area such as crow’s feet.
- Feels lightweight and breathable
- Can be used on the skin directly or over the top of makeup.
Some customer reviews have highlighted some potential disadvantages with this product. These include;
- Some have found that the product color is not compatible with their skin tone
- The product contains very few anti-aging ingredients, which means that it is only superficially treating wrinkles
- Those with sensitive skin could find some of the ingredients irritating to the delicate skin around the eye
- Those with dry skin types may find that the formula will emphasize lines and wrinkles.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
While Benefit Puff-off may provide an effective solution to reduce the appearance of puffiness and lines in the eye area, it does not provide fantastic anti-aging effects. Although the product is considerably cheaper than many eye gels, you may find that you achieve longer lasting results with another product.