wo friends Katia and Hayley from Harvard University envisioned a way for customers to effortlessly and efficiently try to obtain beauty products through online purchase. All these gave birth to an online company called Birchbox whose location is New York City. Their main aim was to save the consumer from hassle and bustle of shopping online but still create a better way of getting the beauty products. They do monthly deliveries of personalized samples and an exciting e-commerce shop. The whole idea was fun and easy way for people to access beauty products every month with surprise and delight.
Birchbox started in 2010 and now has over a million subscribers and 300 employees. Initially, it was catering for ladies only but introduced Birchbox man in 2012 to satisfy its male clients. Customers subscribe to monthly services for a box of four to five of beauty products of their choice such as skin care products, cosmetics, hair products, nails and much more.
Birchbox maintains a blogger community to gain access to new brands, best products, and high-end products to grooming brands. It also maintains an active social media the like Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Users interested in Birchbox products can purchase directly from Instagram. It is possible to access Birchbox through your mobile.
The payment plan is as follows
- Customers signup for subscription by creating a profile with their preferences
- They should agree on the terms of service for eligibility.
- Then choose to order item(s)
- Pay yearly subscriptions upfront if opted for
- Monthly Subscriptions are auto-renewable
- The subscription is $10 per month or $110 per year inclusive of the shipping charges for the beauty box. However, Birchbox Man costs $20 per month. Sales tax applies if the shipping is is within the area of supply. Subscriber must build a profile that will be used to identify your tastes and preferences to place in the beauty box.
- Payment is acceptable via VISA, Mastercard, Discover or American Express credit cards, or debit cards. Unfortunately, checks, money orders, gift cards, or PayPal, or link routing are not acceptable when paying for the subscription.
Provided Services Information and Claims about Birchbox
Birchbox main goal of helping their clients access makeup and beauty products of their choice without hassling through many retails shops. Thewebsite enables them to provide their profiles and from that, they system will learn to provide them with their preferences. Ease the shopping stress of customers by gifting them with Birchbox that they will love. They cater for the kind of new clientele that the industry has ignored. They offer a proposition to customers in a crowded marketplace. They claim the beauty Industry’s most innovative thinkers.
How Birchbox Works?
Sign up for subscription at a cost of $10 per month or go for a yearly option at $110. The subscription fee covers for shipping and handling charges as long as your location iswithin the cities of operation exclusive of applicable taxes. Fill in your profile, this way they learn your preferences and discover what you want. Check the stores to see what’s on offer make an order. Billing for the subscription is auto-renewal. Customize your boxes according to your preferences. You will receive your monthly bills for the subscription, but it is possible to opt out. One can only opt out of yearly subscriptions within the first month. However, one can opt out of monthly subscription anytime within the month. Shopping is possible even without a subscription. Brichbox Company is available in the UK, Canada, Spain, and France, but subscriptions are non-transferable across the markets.
Composition of Birchbox
The dream team at Birchbox is co-founders Katia and Hayley together with the Hayley’s beauty editor MollieChen who help consumers cut through the clutter of acquiring beauty products of their choice from the retail world.
Ingredients of Birchbox
The Benefits of Birchbox
- If you refer friends who sign up, you earn points
- You earn points by filling product surveys
- You can redeem points by adding points to your shopping cart
- The Birchbox blog is used to showcase new products or brands
- Purchasing items are possible through Instagram
- It interacts socially with its customers through social media.
- It is possible to return the order within 90 days of purchase
Disadvantages of Birchbox
- Subscriptions are non-transferable across markets
- Subscriptions are recurring payment feature until canceled
- Gift subscriptions are non-refundable
- Birchbox can submit further charges example monthly without authorization from you
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
Instructions on How To Use Birchbox?
Go online and simply type Birchbox web address. It is possible to shop even without subscribing but to enjoy the services signup for the subscription. There is a list of choices on their website for both men and women that you can pick.
The Birchbox website is, by and large, safe to use.
The Effects of Birchbox
Birchbox has millions of customers, and over 1.6 million Facebook likes making it trustworthy.