Blackmores Joint Formula is a natural joint care product that is prepared using two of the most popular joint care ingredients. The manufacturer however insists that the product is different since it has been carefully formulated after extensive scientific research. The product contains both glucosamine and chondroitin. The glucosamine is harvested from crustaceans off the seas of New Zealand. Blackmores Joint Formula is marketed as the ultimate solution to aching joints, and for people with stiff joint movements due to old age or conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. The product is made in Australia and sold all over the world. The most popular packaging is the 120 tablets bottle which contains 120 large, white tablets that are shaped like a capsule and retails at $79.99 from the official website. Other retailers are selling the product for the same price but shipping and handling costs may differ.
Manufacturer Information about Blackmores Joint Formula
Blackmores Joint Formula is manufactured by an Australian based company called Blackmores. The company was founded in 1906-1977 by Maurice Blackmore. It taunts itself (through marketing posters and adverts) as the leading supplement producer in Australia
What does Blackmores Joint Formula Claims?
- It is effective in protecting the cartilage
- Provides nutrition to the joints
- Prepared from scientifically researched glucosamine sulphate and sodium chloride complex
- It promotes optimum joint health.
- It is effective in ensuring a healthy joint structure.
- It improves mobility.
How Does Blackmores Joint Formula Work?
According to the selection of ingredients, the product works in the following ways:
- Repairing and replenishment; the glucosamine acts on the body to promote the repairing of worn out cartilage. The connective tissues in the joints are replenished to facilitate better joint movement
- Maintenance and prevention; the product ensures that the joints are well lubricated. Chondroitin being used in this product ensures that the joints are not exposed to inflammation by suppressing the agents that cause inflammation.
Ingredients of Blackmores Joint Formula
Each tablet of Blackmores Joint Formula contains the following ingredients:
- Glucosamine – this is perhaps the most sort after ingredient in the manufacture of joint care tablets. Although it occurs naturally in our bodies, the quantity may dwindle as we age and thus the need to replenish it. It is believed to repair damaged and worn out cartilage tissue.
- Chondroitin – similarly, it occurs naturally in our bodies. When used in conjunction with Glucosamine, it acts as an effective remedy for joint pain and joint inflammation.
- Boron – It is believed to contribute to healthy bones by promoting improved bone mass.
Advantages of Using Blackmores Joint Formula
- Made from all natural ingredients
- Contains both glucosamine and chondroitin
- Fortified with minerals that promote strong bones
- Official website has Contraindications and cautions information
- It contains the key building blocks for joint health.
Disadvantages of Using Blackmores Joint Formula
- The glucosamine used in Blackmores Joint Formula is harvested from shellfish making it unsuitable for people who are allergic to shellfish
- The product is highly priced and the shipping cost is also high (costs $79.99 per bottle)
- The manufacturer doesn’t give money back guarantee
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
Suggested Dosage of Blackmores Joint Formula
Blackmore recommends taking 1 tablet of Blackmores Joint Formula a day, preferably with meals and lots of water.
How Long Will It Take To Show Results?
This is a long care product. You should give it time, at least three weeks, for it to start working. All the same, supplements will have different results depending on the user. This is due to the different lifestyles we have, the extent of damage and the overall health of a person.
Does It Interact With Other Medications?
The manufacturer warns that it may interact with other medications. It is recommended that you consult your caregiver prior to taking this product.
Warnings and Possible Side Effects when using Blackmores Joint Formula
- Blackmores Joint Formula is not suitable for people with shellfish allergy.
- Consult your caregiver if you are pregnant or nursing
- Not suitable for children below 12 years.
- Do not exceed the recommended Blackmores Joint Formula dosage unless advised by caregiver
- This supplement may cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.