Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
This is a meal planning and delivery subscription service. Blue Apron has gained popularity over time in the USA. Once subscribed to Blue Apron service, the subscriber gets a box that contains ingredients and also instructions to make two to three dinners. The service is offered at a fair price, for instance, to serve two people 3 meals, costs about $60.00. The ingredients are beautifully packaged in the box. Blue Apron service enables people especially those with busy lifestyles to avoid wasting much time in groceries. It is the best plan for couples who have no kids and spend much of their time on a job.
On the front pages, the recipes have full-page full-color cards with the dishes and the ingredients required to prepare the dishes. The step-by steep instructions are found on the back, accompanied with photos showing how to make the meals. Blue Apron has a lot of fun because of trying new recipes and use of new recipes. The recipes from Blue Apron use special ingredients that may be difficult to find in the market, and if found, the ingredients may be too expensive.
The recipes produce high-quality meals, compared to those prepared in high class restaurants. The subscriber enjoys the meals to the fullest at a relatively low cost.
The service is very helpful to individuals living in areas with few groceries and restaurants. In such areas the price of ingredients is a bit higher and the ingredients may not be of good quality.
How Blue Apron Work?
To start, an individual has to register for the subscription service. After registration, the subscriber signs in for delivery processing. The Blue Apron delivers ingredients and recipes for specific meals. Blue Apron offers a door to door delivery service to their customers. Their services are very efficient and more convenient to most individuals.
The ingredients are portioned out for every meal such that there are wastes. This saves a lot of money lost in form of left-overs. The ingredients are also fresh and most of them are locally sourced. This is essential for preparation of high quality foods. The Blue Apron box has a recipe card that contains instructions accompanied by photos showing how the dishes are prepared. The photo illustrations make it easier to follow the instructions on the recipe card.
Blue Apron Benefits
The benefits of Blue Apron are so many. These include the following:
- The recipe has instructions which are easy to follow as it is accompanied by photo illustrations.
- There are reduced or no left-overs hence its waste-less.
- The service is fast and efficient.
- Saves a lot of money spend making trips to the groceries and extra ingredients.
- It is a way of learning how to cook and trying new things.
- It is schedule-friendly and much cheaper.
- Most of the consumers, through the official website, have shown much satisfaction with the quality of service offered by Blue Apron.
Blue Apron Drawbacks
Just like any other product, there are some drawbacks such as;
- You still have to wash the ingredients.
- It takes much more time to follow instructions as you prepare the dishes.
- The meals might not be enough for some people.
- Blue Apron is expensive because it is kind of paying an individual$10.00 to prepare your own meal.
- Some ingredients might cause allergies.
- The user still spends more time cooking the food. So it does not save time as such.
Blue Apron Target group
Blue Apron targets those individuals who have busy schedules and would want to save more time instead of making trips to groceries to buy ingredients. It is also convenient for those individuals who are not good at cooking but would to. It is also suitable for those who want to learn new recipes and would enjoy preparing a new dish.