Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Body cardio by Withing is a device in form of a scale capable of keeping track of one’s cardiovascular health, as complex as it may be. The statistics it keeps include Body Mass Index (BMI), weight, body fat, the body’s water content, muscle mass as well as bone mass. In order to accurately determine these parameters, the device relies on the heart rate and pulse wave velocity. This advanced scale is sold for $179.95.
How Body Cardio Works?
This device uses Pulse Wave Velocity technology to access overall cardiovascular processes. This technology assesses the heart rate in order to establish one’s health condition with regards to susceptibility to cardiovascular complications such as high blood pressure. The information extracted from this technology is fed to the Withings Health Mate app from which analysis is made and user can get results in a timely and accurate way. The information can be used to display a graphical representation, offer suggestions as well recommendations on life style changes that might improve the assed parameter.
Body cardio design and features
- The device features a scale that displays recordings for BMI, heart rate, muscle mass and water content as well as other relevant statistics.
- It uses Pulse Wave Velocity technology to determine susceptibility to high blood pressure as well as other cardiovascular complications.
- It comes with Withings Health Mate app that by default assesses the readings from the scale and uses that to develop goals and draw the graphs.
- The scale boasts a thin design at 0.7 inches thick; it is one of the thinnest scales available.
- It can automatically process data of up to 8 people.
- It is micro USB-charges.
Body Cardio Pros
- The Pulse Wave Velocity technology helps minimize the risk of developing high blood pressure as well as other cardiovascular related complications.
- It measures a lot of vital body statistics inclusive of heart rate, BMI, fat content and muscle mass amongst others.
- It has an automatic wireless connectivity to the smartphone.
- It displays a graphical representation of the user’s weight pattern to a maximum of eight. This helps the user track their weight progress.
- It has on-screen indicators that guide the user towards a perfect posture and stance.
- It can last for a long time-12 months to be precise.
- It is educative and highly informative; one gets to know their own cardiovascular data, which makes it easier to develop a solution by offering precise description to the medical personnel.
Body Cardio Cons
- Inadequate information is provided regarding the user manual; a particular challenge to beginners with no prior knowledge of how the machine work.
- It gives a rough picture of one’s health, which unfortunately is not as dependable as a medical practitioner’sassessment.
- Little manufacturer’s information.
- Inadequate information about the scale’s money back guarantee.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
How to use Body Cardio?
The usage instructions of the scale are labeled with the product and can be accessed on purchase of the device.
Body Cardio Precautions
Usage of this scale can both be a simple and difficult task. If you are well conversant with the instructions as illustrated by the manufacturer, you should find no challenge in tracking your cardiovascular health patterns. On the other hand, if using the scale and app at the same time is proving difficult, consider advice from an experienced user. Alternatively, you can inquire from the website for more information.