Brainapsyl is a dietary supplement that is marketed as a nootropic that enhances memory and improves cognitive function. It contains various enzymes, amino acids, and herbal extracts that are said to stimulate brain function in order to improve cognitive abilities thereby elevate overall work productivity. According to the manufacturer, this supplement might improve concentration, enhance creativity, boost energy level, elevate mood, and improve memory. Brainapsyl is manufactured by Good Karma Herbals, a nutraceutical company that is based in New York. A 60-capsule bottle of this supplement costs $89.99.
This product improves cognitive function, elevates mood, and enhances memory through the following mechanisms:
- It contains ingredients that improve blood flow to the brain thereby enhancing oxygen and nutrient supply to the brain cells.
- It contains antioxidants that prevent oxidation of free radicals in the body that can cause damage on a cellular level.
- It stimulates the production of various neurotransmitters in the brain that are responsible for memory recall and other cognitive abilities.
- It has essential amino acids that are vital in providing an energy source and fuel for the body.
- It stimulates the release of certain enzymes that are responsible for improving mood and enhancing the brain’s resistance to stress.
- Ginkgoxine – It is a registered form of Ginkgo Biloba. Ginkgo has been very popular in traditional medicine due to its vast benefits to the human body. As a nootropic, it can enhance blood supply to the brain and also acts a potent antioxidant.
- St. John’s Wort – It contains chemicals that are effective against depression and can be used to regulate mood.
- Glutamine – It is a naturally occurring amino acid in the body that is vital to various body functions. It enhances digestion, boosts immune response, and it also provides the body with energy especially during stressful times.
- Phosphatidylserine Complex – It is an important chemical that is involved in various body functions. It maintains cellular structure and is needed for maintaining cellular function including brain cells. It is believed to contribute to enhancing cognitive abilities and improving memory.
- BacopaMonnier – This herbal component is known for benefits including cognitive enhancement, improving memory, and reducing anxiety.
- Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate – It is essential in the formation of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter which is involved in many brain functions.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine – It supports many body functions including brain function, cardiac health, muscle movement, and it also helps the body produce energy. It is also believed to relieve depression, improve mood, and enhance memory recall.
- The manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee to unsatisfied consumers.
- This product is suitable for vegans.
- This product is gluten free.
- The ingredients of this supplement impose numerous side effects and adverse reactions that can be harmful especially to people suffering from certain medical conditions.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
- It might improve memory recall, enhance energy level, improve mood, and elevate work productivity.
- It might improve overall cognitive function.
- This product should be avoided by women contemplating pregnancy, pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and people aged below 18 years.
- This product contains ingredients that might cause a seizure. Thus, it should be avoided by people who had a history of seizures.
- It contains ingredients that might cause mania in people suffering from depression thus this supplement should be used cautiously.
- It contains ingredients that can increase gastric acid production so this product should be avoided by people with gastric or peptic ulcers.
- This product contains ingredients that can worsen liver damage and cause confusion (hepatic encephalopathy) in people with a severe liver disease.
- It can affect blood clotting so this product should be used cautiously by people with bleeding disorders or people taking anticoagulants.
- It contains an ingredient that can cause anemia especially in people suffering from G6PD.
- It might affect the level of hormones and neurotransmitters in the brain thus it should be avoided by people suffering from any brain illness.
- If you are taking any medications, undergoing any form of medical or surgical treatment, or have been diagnosed with a medical condition, you should consult your healthcare provider prior to taking this supplement.
- Gastric upset
- Gastric ulcers
- Allergic reaction
- Increased risk for bleeding
- The recommended dosage is 1 capsule of Brainapsyl daily.
I am already taking other brain supplements. Can I incorporate Brainapsyl to my daily regimen?
It is best to consult your healthcare provider prior to taking Brainapsyl along with other supplements or medications to assess its safety and possible drug interactions.
Does Brainapsyl provide instant results? How long until I will be able to feel its benefits?
This nootropic supplement does not provide immediate results. It might take a few weeks before noticeable changes in cognitive functions can be noticed.