Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
This is a device connected to the jackpot of a smartphone, bearing an application that reads the Blood Alcohol Content of a user. The application works in such a way that on its detection of a Blood Alcohol beyond the legal limit, it shows one click of a call to a local taxi, individuals from the contact list that may seemingly be living close. In short, Breathometer is small device that enable the users to measure their blood alcohol content by the use of their android smartphones and iOS.
The device can be purchased from its manufacturer official page and other online retailers at $49
In purchasing this device, there is always a one year warrant and a 30 day cash back guarantee. You only need to provide a proof of its detailed purchase.
Manufacturer information and its claims about Breathometer
The device was invented by Charles Michael Yim in the year 2012 in a Burlingame based company. The company claims that the device is completely more effective and accurate than any other breathalyzers out there. The manufacturer boasts of this device having been acknowledged as the first smartphone breathalyzers in the world.
How Breathometer Works
The device is equipped with an ethanol sensor, FDA-grade that has undergone tests to ensure that it is accurate. It is more or less the same size as a standard key, and it gets directly attached to the smartphone’s headphones jack. The moment the device is plugged to the smartphone, it will be able to detect the level of ethanol through your breath, and hence providing an estimation of the Blood Alcohol Content that a user has.
Instructions on how to use Breathometer equipment
Switch on the application on your smartphone.
Connect the device with your smartphone through the headphone jack.
With the illuminated opening hold it an inch distance while blowing a whistle into it for about 5seconds. Do this and wait for at least 20 minutes between the time of the last drink to the testing time in order to achieve accuracy in your results. A battery life of this device supports a maximum of 5 tests daily, and this can last for 16-18 months before necessarily replacing the battery
What breathometer works with?
The device is guaranteed to work effectively on with the following listed models of smartphones.
Android i.e. versions above 2.3
- Samsung S
- HTC one
- Sony Xperia Z
- Samsung S2
- Nexus 4
- HTCOne X
- LG Optimus 2X
- iPhone 4S
- iPod Touch 5th Gen
- iPad Mini
- iPad 2ND Generation
Active Ingredients in Focus T25
The Benefits of Breathometer
- It makes an individual make informed decisions, so that you would not have to spend a night in police cell after knowing your Blood Alcohol Content
- The device is also capable of analyzing other chemical components in your breath apart from just alcohol.
- It promotes justice in a nation. Just in case you carry your own breathometer, you saveyourself the inaccuracy of blowing in the police breathalyzers that most often may produce inaccurate results due to a multiple use.
- It is not only for a user’s self-promotion to know their Blood Alcohol Content but also to alert friends hence encouraging responsibility among your friends
- The device is relatively cheap hence can be easily afforded.
The Drawbacks of Breathometer
- It can only be used with specific smartphones so one may be forced to budget for another compatible cell phone if they apparently own a different phone.
- If not properly followed well the directions during use, the device may produce inaccurate results.
- Treat this device just like you would treat your smartphone. i.e. keep it dry and avoid dropping it carelessly.
- When you are preparing to blow, ensure that that you keep the device mouthpiece away from your mouth.
- Always find a cooler place in which to conduct the exercise because the device may fail to detect your breath sample in warm temperatures.
The Dark side effects of Breathometer
This is a device, just like your cell phone, it is most importantly of help to you. There are no any side effects it bears as far as your health is concerned.
Does Breathometer cause any interaction when shared with other people?
The device can be used by everyone. It comes with a mouthpiece cover that keeps off germs from getting in contact with the product in use. The mouthpiece can always be cleaned and put in re-use. All the same, the device can be used among different people without the mouthpiece, just like people could share a whistle.
Where to Buy?
For more details, please click here