Choline is a vital nutrient used to improve brain health, intelligence and synaptic plasticity. In the brain, it is as a precursor of acetylcholine – a neurotransmitter primarily for memoryand anelement in the preservation of healthy cell membranes. When the levels of acetylcholine go down mainly due to age, then we experience cognitive decline.
We derive choline in our diets from foods such as beans, peas, spinach, muscle meat, white germ, eggs, peanuts, and liver. Whereas these foods are available for us, but most of the population barely get the required amount of choline present in these foods. A deficiency in choline has dire consequences, for instance, impairing your memory and reasoning functions. Others include an inability to focus and interference with your mood.
Some supplements in the market such as Alpha GPC and Citicoline are tremendous sources of choline nutrient and improves your memory, learning, logical thinking and attention abilities.
Choline Bitartrate per bottle $9.99
- Greatest inexpensive form of Choline to use with Nootropics
- Fast Shipping of products
- Money Back Guarantee
- For all Orders Over $75 within US shipping is free
Product information and claims about Choline
The manufacturers claim that the supplement can treat diseases such as liver disease, Alzheimer, dementia and partial complex seizers.
How it works?
Choline plays a significant role in the nervous system. It aids many chemical reactions in the body. It is a water-soluble nutrient and has close relations to Vitamin B complex. Choline functions as part of a major biochemical process in the body known as methylation. Choline is a portion of neurotransmitter acetylcholine an organic chemical that plays a significant role in the brain. One of the direct roles is how you learn and your ability to retain new information. Through the synthesis of acetylcholine, choline promotes cholinergic activity.
Aqueous coating solution: This element is used in coating tablets to provide safety, protection against oxygen, light and moisture. It also prevents undesirable tastes associated with certain active ingredients.
- Modified Cellulose Gum: It is a natural polysaccharide found in plants. In supplements, it acts a thickener and stabilizer.
- Stearic Acid: Prevents vitamins from sticking to one another during manufacturing. It is also tablet/capsulebinder.
- Magnesium Stearate: It is primarily used to lubricate supplements preventing the tablets or capsules content from sticking to the machinery that is used to process them.
- Silica: A vital mineral in our bodies responsible for hormonal balancing. It also energizes the immune system. Silica regenerates and rebuilds connective tissues in our bodies.
- Improves the brain energy naturally
- support memory performance,
- Supports cognitive health
- Promotes focus
- Balances your mood and enhances creativity
- Improves attention span,
- Improves reasoning,
- Improves fat metabolism.
- Precursor to Acetylcholine
- Low Bioavailability Compared to Other Cholinergic
- High Doses may cause diarrhea in users
- Less Effective than Alpha GPC or Citicoline
- Choline tablets are a bit big so hard to swallow
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
Take the supplement with meals to improve absorption rates. Administer daily doses in smaller portions for consistent supply the whole day. High doses of choline are likely to cause serious side effects such as sweating, a fishy body odor, gastrointestinal distress, diarrhea, and vomiting.There is some alarmraised regarding an increasing dietary choline intake that might increase the risk of cancer of the colon and rectum.
- digestive discomfort and diarrhea
- the development of a fishy odor,
- increased sweating and
- upset stomach,
- You may experience decreased appetite.
- Choline levels drop considerably after prolonged exercise.
DOSAGE: US and Canada guidelines recommends intake of choline as follows;
- Daily intake levels for Babies
- 0-6 months: 125 mg
- 7-12 months: 150 mg
- Daily intake levels for Children
- 1-3 years: 200 mg
- 4-8 years: 250 mg
- 9-13 years: 375 mg
- Daily intake levels for Men
- 14 years and older: 550 mg
- Daily intake levels for Women
- 14-18 years: 400 mg
- 19 years and older: 425 mg
- Daily intake levels for Expectant Women: 450 mg
- Daily intake levels for Breastfeeding Women: 550 mg
There are also therapeutic doses of 1-30 g of choline or choline-containing supplements.
Take precautions while on Atropine since it might decrease the effectiveness of choline.