Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Contrave Weight Loss Medicine is a prescription-only supplement that claims to reduce food cravings and people who have taken it lose two to four more times the weight than without Contrave.
Contrave Weight Loss Medicine is only available by prescription so the cost will vary greatly and depend on your insurance, if you have it. They do offer a savings card which may make the medicine as little as $30 a month but without insurance or a savings card, it can cost up to $200 a month.
Manufacturer Information and Claims About Contrave Weight Loss Medicine
Contrave Weight Loss Medicine is made by Orexigan Therapeutics which focuses on obesity issues. They also manufacture a product called Mysimba, which is another anti-obesity product approved in Europe.
Contrave Weight Loss Medicine claims to work to help control cravings and to reduce hunger in those trying to lose weight.
Working Process and Ingredients
Contrave Weight Loss Medicine has the following ingredients:
- Naltrexone HCI 8mg – This is a drug that is used to treat opiate addiction and alcohol addiction. It affects the brain to prevent that good things people feel with these habits and considered an opiate antagonist.
- Bupropion HCI 90mg – This ingredient also treats depression and is commonly used to reduce cravings for smokers.
Advantages of Contrave Weight Loss Medicine
- May help reduce cravings for food
- May help with hunger cravings
- Some insurance may cover the cost or a portion of the cost
- It is FDA approved
- Many customers have loved the results
- Possibility of losing two to four times the weight with diet and exercise
The Cons of Contrave Weight Loss Medicine
- The cost is high
- Some people experience serious side effects including suicidal thoughts
- Only available by prescription
How to Use Contrave Weight Loss Medicine?
Week one take one pill in the morning. Week two take one in the morning and one in the evening. Week three take two tablets in the morning and one at night and week four and on, take two tablets in the morning and two at night.
Possible Side Effects
This drug has plenty of side effects that are possible including:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Allergic reactions
- Activation of mania
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- Potential risk of hypoglycemia
- Allergic reactions
Should You Buy This Product?
This is something only you can decide under your doctor’s advisement. It may work well for some people but only those who have seen a doctor and discussed it thoroughly should attempt this drug.