Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
WHAT IS COSMELAN?
Cosmelan review, is a skin lightening system formulated and designed to correct hyper pigmentation and improve overall skin radiance. Cosmelan is a skincare technology developed by Mesoestetic Pharmaceutical Laboratories with headquarters located in Barcelona, Spain.
Cosmelan involves a two-step process that treats hyper pigmentation resulting from chronic sun exposure, and skin conditions including melasma and chloasma. The first step of the treatment requires a consultation with your dermatologist and the application of prescription only formula. The second step involves the regular application of a maintenance cream. The treatment package is often offered in skincare clinics and spas for a hefty price of US$500 to US$1,000.
Manufacturer-led studies show visible results in 99 per cent of subjects, with as much as 95 per cent improvement in skin pigmentation conditions over a timeframe of just one to two weeks.
who makes COSMELAN?
Cosmelan has grown to become the preferred skin treatment for melasma, particularly suited for those with hypersensitive skin. Based on Cosmelan reviews, Improvements in melasma and chloasma skin conditions, and uneven skin tones become visible in just a matter of one or two weeks.
The two-step formulation claims to thoroughly but gently lift blemished skin and replace it with newer, younger skin while increasing skin’s moisture content to prevent it from drying up and protect it from further damage as well.
HOW DOES COSMELAN WORK?
The clinically administered Cosmelan 1 consists of arbutine, which is known to effectively block melanin production so as to keep skin pigmentation at bay. As per Cosmelan review, It is also infused with skin lightening agents, kojic acid, and phytic acid; the anti-inflammatory properties of azelaic acid; the high antioxidant content of ascorbic acid; and the UVA and UVB protective properties of titanium dioxide.
The regular, daily cream, Cosmelan 2 contains high levels of kojic acid, phytic acid, ascorbic acid, and titanium dioxide.
The wisdom of Cosmelan revolves around inhibiting tyrosinase, the body enzyme that causes overproduction of melanin. When this enzyme is under control, hyper pigmentation is prevented while the other skin lightening ingredients of the product work to improve the appearance of hyper pigmented and blemished skin. While under Cosmelan treatment, try not to expose treated skin under the sun, as skin becomes more sensitive to sun damage while under treatment.
Ingredients Used In Cosmelan
Cosmelan is infused with the following ingredients: capric/Caprylic triglyceride & glycerin & ceteareth-25 & sodium dicocoylethylenediamine & PEG-15 sulfate & sodium lauroyl lactylate & behenyl alcohol & glycery stearate & glyceryl steearate citrate & gum arabic & xanthan gum, aqua, azelaic acid, aloe barbadensis, ethoxydiglycol, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, titanium dioxide, kojic acid, poloxamer 407, glycerin & rumex occidentalis extract, salicylic acid, glyceryl stearate, niacinamide, and hydroxypropylstar.
- The original formulation for Cosmelan included hydroquinone but the currently marketed bottles exclude this ingredient.
- While the power of hydroquinone to treat hyper pigmentation remains unbeatable, its safety is undoubtedly questionable.
- Prolonged use of hydroquinone ends up killing even the skin’s healthy, pigmented cells. Over time, skin continuously exposed to hydroquinone turns dark and bluish, and become more susceptible to the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays, causing skin to become damaged and leathery.
- Cosmelan manufacturer, Mesoestetic Pharmaceutical Laboratories, is reputed for investing heavily on R&D and therefore market only skincare technologies that are scientifically sound and do not compromise the health of their clientele.
- Cosmelan treats hyper pigmentation without the need to dry up your skin to slough off the blemished layers. It also has a gentle formulation that prevents skin irritation, itchiness, and redness during and after treatment.
- There is zero downtime when availing of a Cosmelan treatment.
- The major inconvenience of getting a Cosmelan treatment is that Cosmelan 1, the first phase of the treatment, may only be obtained from a skincare professional, which means taking a leave and scheduling an appointment with your dermatologist.
- Although Cosmelan is largely non-irritating, results may still vary across patients. Since the process involves lifting and sloughing off blemished and pigmented skin, some patients may still experience itchiness, dryness, and flaking.
instructions of using COSMELAN
Follow application only as prescribed by your manufacturer, and the first step is to get the first phase of the treatment directly from your dermatologist. Use Cosmelan 2 only as will be directed to you by your skincare consultant—don’t put on any more nor less.
SIDE EFFECTS OF COSMOLAN
According to Cosmelan reviews, has been receiving an enormous amount of approval from satisfied customers, and the positive feedback certainly cannot be contested. That said, it’s worth trying out the product—after all, it’s the only way for you to find out how your skin reacts to its formulation.
PRECAUTIONS OF using COSMELAN
Skip any chemical or laser procedures at least three weeks prior to starting your Cosmelan treatment. Don’t get the procedure done on sunburned skin.
IS COSMELAN WORTH TRYING?
Phase 1 of the treatment compels you to visit your dermatologist, and for good reasons. Your dermatologist will be able to more thoroughly lay out your options based on your skin type and skin issues, and of course, will be in a better position to make you a recommendation as to whether or not to avail of a Cosmelan treatment.
Where to Buy?
For more details, please click here