Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Dermalactives Cleansing Gel is a face wash which is free from alcohol and is an integral component of the Dermalactives skincare product range. The gel is designed to be the first step in your beauty regimen, washing oil, makeup, and dirt from the face before using other products. Dermalactives claim that their cleansing gel is extremely effective as it contains a special polymer which allows the product to penetrate further, cleansing deep into the skin. Dermalactives Cleansing Gel is available online or at select kiosks at approximately $95.
Dermalactives Cleansing Gel is manufactured and sold by Dermalactives. This is a company based in California. The company provides a full website, with a customer service email and a toll free number. Dermalactives is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau, but the BBB reports few complaints about the company in the last three years.
How to Use Dermalactives Cleansing Gel
This product is recommended to be used every day, but it is very simple to use. Use some lukewarm water to wet the face and place a small bead of gel on your hands. Use circular motions to move your fingers upwards from your neck all the way to the hairline; this will cause the product to lather. If there are any problem areas or blemishes, concentrate the gel in particular areas. Rinse the lather with warm water and gently pat the skin dry.
Unlike many manufacturers of beauty and skin care products, Dermalactives have been very transparent about the ingredients used in their cleansing gel. These include;
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: a coconut oil derived organic compound
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate: coconut oil derived fatty acid
- Glycerin: a compound to attract moisture to the skin
- Decyl Glucoside: a plant derived natural surfactant
- Glycereth 26: water-binding agent and lubricant oil
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-3: anti wrinkle synthetic ingredient
- Sodium Hyaluronate: sodium salt derived from hyaluronic acid, which is found in joint fluid
- Elastin: a highly elastic protein which found naturally in the skin
- Collagen: natural skin tissue component
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf: Aloe Vera juice
- Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract; providing antibacterial and antimicrobial properties
- Sesamum Indicum Oil: Moisturizing Sesame Oil
- Retinyl Palmitate: Antioxidizing Vitamin A
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Which is a form of the antioxidant Vitamin E
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Deodorizing and skin-conditioning agent
- Phenoxyethanol: fragrance preservative
- The company is very clear and transparent about the ingredients used to make the product
- The product contains minerals, fruit extracts, and aloe to ensure that while it is very effective at cleansing the skin, it also leaves the skin feeling fresh and invigorated, not dried out.
- Since the skin feels fresh and clean, it provides an excellent base for other skincare products including anti aging creams to contribute to younger looking skin.
- The product is only available online or at selected retail kiosks. However, the company does offer the possibility to buy without a credit card. Dermalactives provides a postal address where you can send a money order or check in order to place your order.
- The website is unclear about whether there is any form of money back guarantee offered with the product.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.