Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Doctor’s Best 5-HTP Review
Doctor’s Best 5-HTP is a drug-free dietary supplement designed to assist the users by improving their sleep patterns, improves the mood as well as reducing stress and anxiety.
It is made from natural ingredients, which are potent in promoting the production of serotonin, a hormone that is responsible for inducing sleep, regulates body temperature, sex drive as well as regulating your appetite and moods.
The product is claimed to be clinically tested and approved to be safe and effective for consumption. The formula contains no gluten; GMO or soy hence can even be used by a vegetarian.
Manufacturer Information and Claims about Doctor’s Best 5-HTP
The supplement is produced by a nutritional formulas company, known as Doctor’s Best.
It’s a science- based private company which was established in the year 1990, in the USA, and it offers more than 200 products, made from ingredients which are studied, tested and approved to be effective.
The manufacturer claims that Doctor’s Best 5-HTP is a natural supplement designed to assist you by boosting your brain serotonin levels. It helps you to sleep well, improves your moods as well as reducing stress and anxiety.
The manufacturer also claims that the formula is scientifically tested and approved to be potent and safe in delivering the required results.
Active Key Ingredients
Doctor’s Best 5-HTP is a metabolite of important amino acid called tryptophan, which works as a precursor for serotonin hormone in the brain.
Serotonin is a chemical neurotransmitter synthesized in the brain, and that assist in regulating your sleep patterns, body temperatures, moods as well as sex drive and also the appetite.
The ingredients used include:
- 100 mg 5-hydroxy L-tryptophan– This ingredient plays a role in treating sleep disorders such as depression, insomnia, anxiety, and migraine. It also helps to treat headaches, obesity, and fibromyalgia.
The ingredient plays a role in increasing serotonin levels in the brain, which induce sleep, appetite and sex drive.
- Modified Cellulose– It is a natural food additive, which assists in the manufacture of tablets and capsules. It acts as a thickening agent.
- Microcrystalline Cellulose– It is an indigestible pulp powder, which assists in the manufacture of tablets.
- Silicon Dioxide– It’s a natural food additive ingredient, which acts as an anticaking agent.
- Magnesium Stearate– It is a food additive used to during the manufacture of tablets. It is a lubricant agent, which helps to speed up the production process and prevents the ingredients from clumping together.
The Advantages of Doctor’s Best 5-HTP
- It helps to improve your sleep patterns, hence allowing you to have enough rest.
- It helps you to live a quality and healthy life by reducing your anxiety and stress.
- It helps you to live a happy life by improving your moods.
The Cons of Doctor’s Best 5-HTP
- The information provided by the manufacturer has not been evaluated by FDA.
Can I Use This Supplement If I’m taking Medications?
The supplement is not supposed to be consumed when one is taking any MAO inhibitors, anti-depressants or selective serotonin, which re-uptake inhibitors.In general, it is advisable to consult a doctor first before consuming this formula.
Possible Side Effects
There are no apparent side effects. This is because of the high-quality ingredients.