Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum is a skin brightening solution that also doubles as an anti-aging product. It is a water-based, fragrance-free serum that consists of ferulic acid and retinol as the main active ingredients. Formulated by New York-based dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross, this serum comes in an amber-colored small bottle with a dropper for dispensing the product.
The product is available online on Dr. Gross’ official website and through various health and beauty stores and online pharmacies. At $88.00, it is a bit more expensive that most anti-aging products. Nonetheless, the serum is very concentrated so only a small amount is required per application. Majority of customers who have tried the product claims that one bottle lasts for several months.
How Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum Works?
This professional-grade anti-aging and skin brightening serum consists of a mix of some of the most potent antioxidants that effectively neutralizes free radicals. It utilizes a lightweight delivery system that facilitates easy application and absorption of the product. Regular use of the product results to a clearer, smoother, and brighter skin.
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum Ingredients
- Ferulic Acid – The chief ingredient of the product, it is a powerful antioxidant that enhances the body’s ability to defend itself from the damage caused by free radicals; it also protects the skin against sun damage.
- Retinol – One of the two main forms of vitamin A, it promotes and maintains healthy skin; it also plays a role in tissue repair.
- Salicylic Acid – An exfoliant that helps fade discolorations.
- Plant Extracts – These include extracts of licorice root, bearberry leaf, and mulberry leaf; they contribute to the ability of the serum to lighten dark spots and even out skin tone.
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum Pros
- It contains a potent mix of powerful antioxidants and skin brighteners.
- It has no artificial preservatives, fragrances, or dyes.
- It helps diminish signs of aging.
- It noticeably lightens skin discolorations and dark spots.
- It is formulated to be lightweight and easy to apply.
- It is suitable for daily use.
- It can be used on oily and/or sensitive skin.
- Improvements can be seen already after the first application, according to some reviews.
- One small bottle lasts for a couple of months.
- It can be worn with other skin care products.
- It provides dramatic results after just a few weeks of use.
- It is available online through various health and beauty websites and online pharmacies.
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum Cons
- Daily use is required for best results.
- It smells strange, according to some reviews.
- It’s a bit pricey compared to other skin brightening or anti-aging products.
- Some customers suggest that the product could benefit from better packaging.
- There are no specific instructions as to how the product should be stored and how much of it should be used per application.
- It doesn’t seem to offer a free trial.
- It is not available on local drugstores and health and beauty shops.
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum must be used twice a day – in morning and at night. It can be worn under your favorite moisturizer and/or sunscreen. If you use multiple skin care products, it is ideal that you apply this serum first before proceeding with thick creams. This ensures that the product is absorbed thoroughly by the skin.
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum Side Effects
Use Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid Serum exactly as directed. Avoid applying the product at or near the eye area. If contact occurs, rinse the area thoroughly with clean water. Allergic reaction is a common side effect of the product. If severe allergy occurs, stop using the product and consult your dermatologist.
The retinol and salicylic acid in the serum can make the skin more sensitive to the sun and therefore more susceptible to sunburn. Avoid prolonged sun exposure and always use a sunscreen with SPF of at least 20.