Duralactin Canine is a joint care supplement that is designed for pets suffering from joint complications brought about by inflammation. According to the producers, it has been proven extremely effective for dogs that have inflammation caused by arthritis. Inflammation is perhaps the biggest cause of joint pain in animals. This notwithstanding, joint pain can be caused by damaged joint tissue and cartilage. Duralactin canine has been designed such that it helps repair the damaged tissue and cartilage. Generally, this supplement is meant to keep your dog healthy and ensure overall wellbeing.
What are the ingredients of Duralactin canine?
Duralactin canine is made from all natural ingredients that have been proven effective and safe for use in animals. The ingredients are designed to stop inflammation and promote cartilage formation.
- MicroLactin – MicroLactin is a protein gotten from the milk of hyper-immunized cows. When lactating cows are given immunostimulants, which produce high amounts of antibodies in their milk. It has been proven to help ease the symptoms of arthritis.
Other ingredients dextrose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate and other artificial flavours.
The Benefits of Duralactin
There are numerous benefits of using Duralactin canine. According to the manufacturer, this supplement is proven beneficial to dogs that;
- Have arthritis
- Are limping
- Have difficulty moving up and down
- Experience cracking and friction in joints.
The benefits of using this product are;
- Made from all natural ingredients
- There are no known side effects
- Duralactin canine doesn’t have any cyclo-oxygenase inhibiting activity and is ideal for dogs suffering from musculoskeletal disorders.
- Duralactin canine is affordable as compared to most products that promise to give the same results.
- These tablets are flavoured to make them easier to administer
- It is available over the counter without the need of a prescription
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
Side Effects of Duralactin canine
- This product is made from natural ingredients. Although there are no known side effects, some dogs are known to be hyper-sensitive to milk products. The mild side effects of this condition include vomiting, diarrhoea and other symptoms of gastrointestinal intolerance.
- You are highly advised to follow the recommended dosage since an overdose can result in undesirable effects such as severe symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders
- In case your dog is allergic to the ingredients, it might have some digestion problem including diarrhoea and stomach upsets.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dosage of Duralactin canine;
For dogs below 40lbs. – give half a tablet of Duralactin canine, twice a day.
For dogs weighing between 40 and 80 lbs. – give 1 tablet twice a day
For dogs weighing between 81 and 120 lbs. – give one and a half tablet, twice a day.
For dogs over 102 lbs. – give two tablets daily.
Although the supplement is not designed to heal any known ailment, the producers say that this product is useful in the rehabilitation of dogs that suffer from:
- Spinal injury
- Joint degenerative disorders
- Hip pain
In case your dog has known allergies, consult your vet before administering this product. Most allergic reactions will be limited to mild symptoms such as gastric upsets. In case of severe side effects, consult your vet immediately.
This product is not designed for use in pregnant or breastfeeding dogs. The producer cannot guarantee the safety of this product in such dogs. It is recommended that you give with caution or consult your vet.
Despite this supplement being over the counter, it is critical that you consult your vet first. Despite the fact that joint pain is mostly caused by inflammation and friction, there are rare conditions when the joint pain is not caused by any of the two.
The ingredients Duralactin canine varies depending on the usage. There are slightly different ingredients in the supplements formulated for dogs and cats, it’s important to read the product label and administer products that are specifically manufactured for use in dogs.