Flex Shot is a product that is used to virtually seal anything. It is the easiest way to caulk and bond hundreds of household projects such as fixing leaks and filling huge cracks and holes. It is a thick rubber adhesive sealant that completely seals those unwanted cracks in your household. It is the around the home thing you need around your house as it is multi purposely used. Flex shot is easy to use and makes the job of mending all cracks or holes quick and easy. It is promoted as being so versatile that it can be used on a variety of materials. Flex shot retails at the below prices:
- It is sold as buy one get one free on their website for $19.99 plus $9.95 S& H for a total of $29.99 for 2 cans/extension tubes
- If you want a free can you can add an additional $9.99 S&H for a total of $39.93
Manufacturer Information and Claims about Flex Shot
Flex Shot is brought to you by Phil Swift, the maker of Flex seal; a popular spray on rubber sealant. The business is not rated neither is it accredited by the BBB.They claim that it is the most clean and neatest way for someone to make repairs easily. Flex Shot is claimed to be made in the USA and that unlike regular caulk it can last up to 30 days with no wastes of maybe drying out, cracking or shrinking. The manufacturers claim that you need to throw away that old caulk and gun of yours as you can repeatedly use your can of Flex shot. The company goes ahead to declare that Flex shot can bond to just any form of material. It is said to be appropriate for use in the bathroom where there usually is a lot of humidity. They claim it is just as effective when used outdoors on the exterior of the house or even in boats.
How Flex Shot Works?
Flex Shot is made up of components which make it adhesive in nature enabling it to stick well on the open cracks and holes it is filled in to seal. It seems to be a pressurized dispenser of a caulk like substance that doesn’t dry out when being used. It dries in 20 minutes time to the touch and is fully dried in 48-72 hours.
Flex Shot Material composition
The material composition of Flex shot is not mentioned in the official page but it is said to consist of the following:
- 1 can Flex Shot which could be almond,white,black or clear
- 1 reusable extension tube
- 1 extra can and tube free
- 1 can Flex seal (extra S & H)
Ingredients of Flex Shot
Advantages of using Flex Shot
- Can be used on any surface, in bathrooms,kitchens,plumbing or even for crafts
- It does not dry out, crack or shrink
- It can be used to easily make repairs
- It lasts up to 30 years and there is no waste
- Flex shot can be used on a wet surface
- It can be used to fix ceramics
- Flex shot can be used on any surface free of oil or grease
Disadvantages of using Flex Shot
- Flex shot cannot be used on running water
- Only unused cans may be returned for a refund
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
Instructions for using Flex Shot
What you need to do is very simple. You first need to ensure that the surface you are working on is very clean free from dirt, dust, grease and oil. You then need to hold the can at a 45 degree angle, press against the nozzle side and run along the seam you are trying to seal. Be sure to apply the material into the joint or seam to obtain full contact between the sealant and the surface. As soon as you are done you need to release the tube and wipe excess with a dry towel.
Precautions Associated with using Flex Shot
Flex shot should be used with the following precautions in place:
- It should not be used under extreme temperatures
- It has not been tested on portable drinking water system
- It is not recommended for use to fix tires
- You should not paint over the seal
Side Effects of using Flex Shot
It is safe to use though one may feel mild effects of nausea and dizziness
Does it Interact With Other Medication?
It is important to consult with your doctor before using Flex shot