Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Glyco-Flex I for Dogs is a dietary supplement that is made using glucosamine and green lipped mussel. The ‘1’ after the name means that this is a Stage 1 of 3 comprehensive nutritional program for dogs. The comprehensive program aims at equipping the body with the necessary minerals and nutrients to help it fight inflammation and maintain healthy bones. As much as this product can work in all dogs, it is recommended for younger dogs or dogs that are exposed to hip or joint dysfunction. It is available in different flavours.
What you should know about Glyco-Flex I for Dogs?
- It is designed for dogs and dogs only. Unless, your vet recommends it on your cat, do not administer to cats
- Glyco-Flex I for Dogs is the first of three stages in a comprehensive nutritional program that seeks to bring up a dog with healthy bones.
- This is an over the counter supplement that doesn’t require any prescription to purchase.
- This produced by VetriScience Laboratories. This is a company that has been operational since 1972. It has produced numerous other ingredients that are reputable and effective in joint care.
What conditions does Glyco-Flex I for Dogs treat?
This product has not been designed to treat any condition. However, through scientific tests and extended use, it has been proven that the ingredients in use in Glyco-Flex I for Dogs are capable of rehabilitating some known conditions. Glyco-Flex I for Dogs is good for;
- Rehabilitating dogs with arthritis
- Supporting dogs after an injury or surgery
- Dogs that are limping
- Dogs suffering from cracking and friction between the joints
What ingredients are used in Glyco-Flex I for Dogs?
The two active ingredients in Glyco-Flex I for Dogs are;
- Glucosamine HCI (Synthetic Source) – this perhaps the best rated ingredient in joint care. Plays a key role in the regeneration of cartilage and connective tissue
- Lipped Mussel – the manufacturer claims to harvest only grown lipped mussels. It is believed to help fight joint discomfort and includes glycogen complex, glycosaminoglycans, proteins, fatty acids and lipids
- The full list of both active and inactive ingredients; Pernacanaliculus (Green-Lipped Mussel), Glucosamine HCl, Brewer’s Yeast, Stearic Acid, N,N DimethylglycineHCl, Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Smoke Flavor
Benefits of using Glyco-Flex I for Dogs
- It is made with all natural ingredients making it safe to use for all dogs
- It uses some of the best supplements in the industry
- Comes in an easy to administer chewable tablet that can be given from the palm or mixed with food.
- Made by an established and reputable company
Notocable improvement in movement but dog throws up after a few hours after every meal with glycoflex. – Jen Cordero
Our veterinarian recommended Glyco Flex 1 for our older dogs. The Labrador was having trouble getting up and down. Now she runs and plays with the other 2 dogs. Good product. – Mike M.
How Glyco-Flex I for Dogs works?
Like mentioned, the active ingredients are Green lipped mussel and glucosamine. Glucosamine occurs naturally in a healthy cartilage of most vertebrates. It is tasked with hydrating healthy joints by promoting the production of molecules that retain water in the cartilage. This means that a healthy cartilage will offer cushioning to the joints of your pets, especially when the pets are involved in vigorous activity. Research suggests that it has a clinical benefit to the joint cushioning liquid, synovial fluid, by strengthening cartilage and aiding in the synthesis of glycosaminoglycan.
Warnings and Precautions
- This product is fairly safe to be used on all kinds of dogs. Although it is made using natural ingredients, care should be observed when administering. First, you should be careful when administering in dogs that have known allergic reactions to the ingredients. Allergic reactions may have mild symptoms such as digestion upsets.
- In case your dog is diabetic, you should monitor their blood sugar levels regularly. Experts recommend monitoring of blood sugar in diabetic dogs taking glucosamine.
- In case of accidental overdose, contact your vet immediately
- Keep this product away from children and pets
How is Glyco-Flex I for Dogs used?
The dosage is divided into two; the initial first dosage (4-6 weeks) and the maintenance dosage
For the initial dosage;
- For dogs up to 30 lbs is 1/2 tablet.
- For dogs 31-60 lbs use 1 tablet,
- For dogs 61-100 lbs use 2 tablets
- For dogs 101 lbs and over use 2 1/2 tablets.
The maintenance dose
- For dogs up to 30 lbsis 1/2 tablet every other day
- For dogs 31-60 lbs is 1/2 tablet
- For dogs 61-100 lbs is 1 tablet
- For dogs 101 lbs and over is 1 1/2 tablets daily.
What are the side effects of using Glyco-Flex I for Dogs?
- There are no reported side effects.