Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Glyco-Flex II is a dietary supplement that is designed for dogs that are suffering from joint complications that may result from injury or inflammation. According to the manufacturer, the product has been developed by qualified vets for dogs that need moderate joint support – however, it can still be used as supporting supplement even in critical cases. According to the producers, this product tackles the root causes of joint pain; inflammation and friction ensuring that your dog has.
What you should know about Glyco-Flex II?
- The product is made in the USA by a USA registered company under USA rule and regulations.
- It is made from natural ingredients that have been carefully selected to ensure quality and performance.
- It is recommended for all types of dogs; Adult and maturing dogs, working and sporting dogs as well as follow up after joint surgery.
- The product is available over the counter without prescription although it is highly recommended that you visit your vet first
- It comes in an easy to administer chewable tablet form
What does the manufacturer of Glyco-Flex II claim?
The manufacturer makes bold claims. According to VetriScience, the producers, Glyco-Flex II is designed to offer your dog a quick relief from joint pain. They claim that continued use of this product has the following perks
- Gives relief in as early as 48 hours and guarantee long-term joint health.
- Improves joint support and healthy joint movements
- Give your dog seven times the relief they can get from ordinary Glucosamine
- Promotes cartilage formation and helps in soft tissue recovery
- Promote overall joint health.
Ingredients found in Glyco-Flex II
This product contains some of the leading ingredients in the industry. The active ingredients are;
- Lipped Mussel – the manufacturer claims to harvest only grown lipped mussels. It is believed to help fight joint discomfort and includes glycogen complex, glycosaminoglycans, proteins, fatty acids and lipids
- Glucosamine – Glucosamine is a popular ingredient that is known to restore and slow down the process of cartilage deterioration and promote joint lubrication. It has been tested in both animals and humans and proven effective. It is the most common and popular joint care supplement
- Manganese – this is a mineral that helps your pet’s body maintain connective tissue, sex hormones, blood clotting factors, and bones. It also plays a vital role in fat and carbohydrate synthesis, blood sugar regulation and calcium absorption. Manganese is also necessary for proper brain and nerve functioning.
Benefits of using Glyco-Flex II
According to the producers, this product is made by professionals for the management of moderate joint complications. Although it is not designed to treat any condition, it is helpful for the rehabilitation of dogs suffering from arthritis and recovering from surgery. It is recommended for dogs that;
1. Have difficulty moving, especially walking up the stairs
2. Show signs of limping
3. Show signs of fatigue after short activities
4. Have swollen joints
5. Show evidence of pain in the joints
6. Have a cracking sound when moving the joints
According to the producers, this product will give you the following benefits;
- All natural ingredients
- Can be used by dogs of all ages and sizes
- Easy-to-administer chewable tablets for dogs
- As affordable as compared to competition
Drawbacks of buying this product
- The product is not highly potent
- The dosage information given on the product label is confusing
- Not fortified with vitamins
How effective is this product?
This product contains some of the best ingredients in the industry. They are considered the best since they are safe and effective. According to customers who have used this product on their dogs, it is worth every penny. Although, they admit that it doesn’t work as fast as claimed, it has some positive results in the long run. It has been rated a solid 4.5 on amazon after 500 reviews – Strong!
Warnings and precautions
- Glyco-Flex II has extracts from shellfish and crustaceans and therefore it is not suitable for dogs that are known to have fish allergies. Consult your vet prior to taking this product if you are not sure of the allergies.
- Store Glyco-Flex II in a cool, dry place away from moisture and children.
- Follow the directions carefully to avoid harmful effects
- This product doesn’t treat any known disease and should be used for moderate joint support only.