Glyco-Flex III is a dietary nutritional supplement in a 3 stage nutritional program for dogs. Just like the first two supplements in the program, Glyco-Flex III contains glucosamine and green lipped mussel. The manufacturer claims that this supplement is powerful in fighting inflammation and repairing damaged cartilage. For this reason, this supplement is meant to maintain healthy joints and is recommended for sporting dogs as well as dogs recovering from surgery.
What you should know about Glyco-Flex III?
- This is the final product in a 3-supplement nutritional program for dogs
- This product is designed for mature dogs but can be administered inyoung dogs with a vet’s advice
- It is made in the United States by a reputable company known in the joint care field
- Glyco-Flex III is available over the counter without a prescription. However, it is important that you get advice from your vet
Which dog can take this supplement?
This supplement is designed for all dogs. It is better suited for mature dogs, but in case it is a prescription, then that is always an exception you can make. If it is the first time using this brand, it is recommendable that you start with Glyco-Flex I and Glyco-Flex II first. Nonetheless, this product will still function optimally without the need of the two. In fact, the list of ingredients is almost similar only that this product adds MSM.
What are the ingredients in Glyco-Flex III?
This product has the same ingredients with the other two stages of the program, but it has extra MSM. Here are the active ingredients;
- Glucosamine HCI (Synthetic Source) – this perhaps the best rated ingredient in joint care. Plays a key role in the regeneration of cartilage and connective tissue
- Lipped Mussel – the manufacturer claims to harvest only grown lipped mussels. It is believed to help fight joint discomfort and includes glycogen complex, glycosaminoglycans, proteins, fatty acids and lipids
- MSM – this is a natural source of sulphur in our bodies. It acts as a powerful anti-oxidant and plays a pivotal role in the formation of collagen.
- Full list of ingredients in Glyco-Flex – Glucosamine HCl, Methysulfonylmethane ,Brewers Yeast, Pernacanaliculus (Green-Lipped Mussel, Dicalcium Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Cellulose, N,N DimethylglycineHCl, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Smoke Flavor, Vitamin E, Calcium Ascorbate, Silicon Dioxide, Grape Seed Extract, L-Glutathione, Selenium.
What are the benefits of using Glyco-Flex III?
The producers taunt this product as exhaustive in its quest to offer joint support. It has been taunted as being safe and effective in the rehabilitation of ailing joints and regeneration of damaged cartilage. The manufacturer says Glyco-Flex III is meant for dogs that are;
- Suffering from aching joint caused by inflammation
- Recovering from joint injury or joint surgery
- Having difficulty moving/playing
- Having swollen joints
This in mind, the following are the benefits of buying this product;
- Ideal for dogs of all sizes
- Made from natural ingredients
- There are no reported side effects
- Has a natural roasted chicken flavour
- Supports joint and connective tissue
I notice a big difference in my smaller, 140 lb mastiff when I stick to a consistent schedule with this product. She has better mobility and less discomfort. – Ken H.
Dogs like it and the vet recommends it. I’m using it as a preventative for my senior dogs so it’s sort of hard to tell if it will help ease arthritis if dog is already in distress. – Maria C Vasquez
How does Glyco-Flex III work?
Like mentioned above, the active ingredients are Green lipped mussel and glucosamine. Glucosamine occurs naturally in a healthy cartilage of most vertebrates. It is tasked with hydrating healthy joints by promoting the production of molecules that retain water in the cartilage. This means that a healthy cartilage will offer cushioning to the joints of your pets, especially when the pets are involved in vigorous activity. Research suggests that it has a clinical benefit to the joint cushioning liquid, synovial fluid, by strengthening cartilage and aiding in the synthesis of glycosaminoglycan.
Warnings and Precautions
- This product is a made from natural ingredients that are believed to be safe. All the same, some of the ingredients in use here are also known to cause allergic reactions. If your pet is allergic to any of the listed ingredients, exercise caution when administering. In case of adverse effect, consult your caregiver immediately.
- Glucosamine supplement may cause problems in diabetic dogs. if your dog is diabetic, ensure that you regularly check the blood sugar level.
Directions of use
The recommended dosage of Glyco-Flex III tablets in the first 4-6 weeks;
- For dogs up to 30 lbs is 1/2 tablet.
- For dogs 31-60 lbs use 1 tablet
- For dogs 61-100 lbs use 2 tablets
- For dogs over 100 lbs use 2 1/2 tablets.
The maintenance dose;
- For dogs up to 30 lbs is 1/2 tablet every other day
- For dogs 31-60 lbs is 1/2 tablet
- For dogs 61-100 lbs is 1 tablet
- For dogs over 100 lbs is 1 1/2 tablets daily.