Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Grassology is a grass seed mix that is meant to be grown in the lawn area of the household since it yields great-looking grass that is short and green and therefore minimizing the number of times one will need to water, fertilize and cut it.
The price of grassology varies with the different marketing and advertising websites. According to the manufacturer the price is as shown below;
- $14.99 per 3lb bag of grassology plus shipping and handling.
- $9.99 per second 1lb bag of grassology plus a 25-inch Pocket hose ultra.
- Tall fescue.
- Red fescue.
- Perennial ryegrass.
- Kentucky bluegrass.
- Sheeps fescue.
- Hard fescue.
- It contains a mix of grasses which makes it suitable to different climatic conditions.
- It is disease resistant and also resistant to insect infestation.
- It can be easily accessed and purchase online.
- It does not need frequent watering.
- It does not need constant weeding and application of fertilizers.
- It is definitely cheaper than other grass seed mixes.
- It is of dwarf size and therefore does not need frequent mowing.
- It has a deep root structure and therefore cannot be easily uprooted by children while playing.
- Its ingredients have undergone scientific study and have been proven to be disease resistant.
- It also discourages the encroachment of weeds.
- The availability of this grass seed mix in stores and agrovets is limited.
- Although the manufacturer claims that it is cheaper than other grass seed mixes, there is sufficient evidence that it is more expensive than others.
- The customer reviews on the different marketing and advertising websites about this product are only positive. This make it difficult to evaluate its effectiveness in achieving the mentioned benefits.
- Once the customer has placed an order to purchase this gass seed mix, it is difficult to cancel the same.
- There are reports that this grass seed mix is not suitable in some areas especially where there is extreme heat during summers.
- The grass seed mix should be kept in a cool and dry place.
- It should also be kept away from children’s reach.
- The user should fence the lawn after planting.
- This grass seed mix should not be used by or near people with asthma.
- Its usage during planting may trigger allergic reactions and therefore asthma attacks to asthma patients and people with related medical conditions.
The manufacturer information and claims about Grassology
This grass seed mix is manufactured by Turfgrass industry. There is very little information about this manufacturer but from the product’s packaging and its advertisements, the manufacturer claims that grass seed mix will give the lawn owner a great looking grass that has a very low maintenance cost i.e. no more frequent watering, weekly mowing, fertilizing and weeding. The manufacturer further claims that this grass has a deep root structure hence cannot be easily uprooted. In addition to the claimed benefits of this grass seed mix, it is also resistant to diseases and insect infestation.
How does Grassology work?
This grass seed mix was developed after a significant time of scientific research for the best lawn grass. It specifically meant to be grown in the lawn area of households because it is of dwarf size. This minimizes the number of times it needs to be mowed. It has a deep root structure making it firm and not easily uprooted. It also does not need constant watering and application of fertilizers. It is also designed to be disease and insect infestation- resistant.
The Ingredients of Grassology
There is limited information about the ingredients of this grass mix and how each of them functions. The manufacturer only claims that when grown it will yield great looking grass with ultra-low maintenance cost and a resistance to diseases and insect infestation. It is therefore believed that the ingredients in this grass mix are responsible for its aforementioned benefits. The ingredients are as listed below;
The Benefits of Grassology
The drawbacks of Grassology
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
The instructions use for Grassology
The user is advised to first till the lawn and remove all the weeds and their entire root system. This grass seed can be mixed with fertilizers and then planted on the tilled lawn by broadcasting method. The user should then ensure every inch of the lawn is covered with the seeds before watering. The user should finally fence the entire lawn to prevent children and animals from picking the planted seeds.
The precautions in using Grassology
The side effects of Grassology
Is Grassology safe to use?
Yes it is. This is because it discourages weed infestation in addition to all its mentioned benefits