Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Happy hips is a dietary supplement for dogs. Its main goal in your dog’s body is to promote and support healthy joints and hips in dogs. The manufacturer claims that this product is manufactured from all natural ingredients that are carefully selected to promote effectiveness and safety. The product is available in different flavours and types. You can readily buy it over the counter without a prescription.
What you need to know about Happy Hips?
- It is available in different varieties including jerky, dry food, canned food, sliced chicken, wraps and veggies.
- Happy Hips is also available in a wide range of flavours such as beef, free chicken, duck and salmon
- Happy Hips includes Glucosamine, Chondroitin and a vitamin E.
- Prices vary depending on the store, shipping and type of product and flavour you choose.
- When you purchase directly from Dogswell, a 5oz salmon jerky costs $8.99.
Who is behind this product?
This product is manufactured and marketed by the world renowned Dogswell Company. They sell the product directly from the official product page and at the same time in stores such as amazon. The company is based and headquartered in the United States but ships worldwide (shipping from amazon is within the USA only)
What are the ingredients in Dogswell happy hips?
There are several ingredients in Happy Hips. The most active are;
- Glucosamine – this is a popular ingredient in the joint care circle. It has been tested and effectively used in both animals and human beings. Glucosamine helps reverse the process of cartilage degeneration by promoting cartilage formation and strengthening the cartilage.
- Chondroitin – this is another product that is used hand in hand with glucosamine. Like glucosamine, this product is tested and tried in human beings and animals alike. It has been proven safe and effective for joint care.
- Chicken Meal – chicken meal is a meat concentrate with 300% more protein than fresh chicken – Fresh chickencontains about 80% water.
- Oats – Oats are a rich source of B-vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre.
- Barley – Barley is a starchy carbohydrate that supplies fibre and other healthy nutrients.
- Peas – Peas are a quality source of carbohydrates. And they’re rich in natural fibre.
- Brown Rice – brown rice is a complex carbohydrate that (once cooked) can be fairly easy to digest.
- Chicken Fat – Chicken fat is obtained from rendering chicken.Chicken fat is a rich source of linoleic acid. This is an omega-6 fatty acid essential for life.
- Dicalcium Phosphate – likely used here as a dietary calcium supplement.
Advantages of Happy hips
- Happy Hips is available for purchase from the manufacturers website or third party websites without the need for a prescription
- There are a very wide selection of flavoursto choose from
- The official website is very user friendly with cool features such as store locator and e-trailers
- The product is manufactured in a state of the art facility. You can find detailed information on the official webpage
- Links to test results for product are available
Disadvantages of Happy Hips
- Apart from nutritional aspect, there are no additional ingredients over and above Chondroitin and Glucosaminethat improves its ability as a joint care product
- May prove slightly more expensive
- The turnaround time is long
My dog thinks these are delicious. Of course he eats everything. Whether they are helping his arthritis, I don’t know, but I’m sure they don’t do any harm. They are soft and since he’s older, I like that for him. – L. H. Laird
My Pomeranian has way fewer instances of luxating patella since starting her on these “treats” a year ago! She will come and tell me when she has done something that deserves a treat and refuses all other treats in favor of the Duck Strips. – Bethann M. Rubel
Daily Feeding Guidelines: For Adult Dogs
Dog Weight (lbs)Dry Food (cups)
- 10 or less ¼ – 1
- 11 – 20 1 – 1 ¼
- 21 – 40 1 ¼ – 2
- 41 – 60 2 – 2 ½
- 61 – 80 2 ½ – 3
- 81 – 100 3 – 3 ½
- 101 – 120 3 ½ – 4
- For dogs over 120 lbs: Add ¼ cup per additional 10 lbs.
- For puppies: Feed 25% more than listed on the chart.
- Fresh water should be available at all times.
Warnings and precautions
- Store this product away from children. It is intended for pet use only.
- This product is not designed to heal any ailment
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- If your pet is breastfeeding or pregnant, administer cautiously.
- In case of side effects, discontinue use immediately and consult your caregiver.