Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Hydro Mousse is a hydro seeding solution that is meant to ease seeding of the lawn. This makes seeding the lawn as easy as watering it. It is especially meant to be used in lawns where grass cover is not complete and very green. It can cover up to 100 square feet.
The price of hydro Mousse is not constant. It varies significantly with the different marketing advertising websites. This is because of the various discounts offered for the same in these websites. According to the manufacturer, the price of hydro mousse is as shown below;
- $19.95 plus $7.95 shipping and handling.
- $79.80 for 5 seed refill bags plus $31.80 shipping and handling.
The manufacturer information and claims about Hydro Mousse
This product’s official website has provided no information about the manufacturer. It is therefore believed that Hydro Mousse is the manufacturer’s brand name. According to the website, this product is quick and easy in that, the grass grows immediately where you spray it, it can be attached to any garden hose pipe, it is precise, it uses an eco-friendly spray n’ stay in technology, among many other benefits. It is because of the mentioned benefits that the manufacturer claims that this kit is the best way of achieving a uniform and greener lawn within the shortest time possible.
How does Hydro Mousse work?
This kit works by placing the seeds directly to the soil which eliminates guesswork. It also has a conditioner which loosens hard soil and allows it to absorb water. This technology also ensures minimum seed loss by birds and children while playing and therefore it is best suitable in lawns that have dead and dry patches due to heavy traffic or any other cause. This kit can also cover up to 100 square feet of the lawn.
The composition of Hydro Mousse
This kit is composed of a hydro mousse bottle which contains mousse mixture.
1. Hydro Mousse bottle
- This is basically a container which can be fitted to any garden mouse on one end and has a sprayer on the other end. Once the garden hose is fitted on the bottle, the mousse mixture will be formed inside the bottle. The user should then set the dial and the spraying will automatically begin.
2. The Mousse mixture
- This mixture contains the grass seeds and will ensure they are directly placed in the soil for a uniform and greener lawn. This mixture will also break soil hardness and ensure it absorbs water and therefore facilitate quick grass growth on the lawn.
Ingredients of Hydro Mousse
The benefits of Hydro Mousse
- The kit can be easily accessed and purchased via the internet.
- It is cheaper than most ways of achieving a greener and uniform lawn.
- It is quick and easy compared to other alternatives because the grass grows where one sprays it.
- It can be attached to any garden hose.
- It uses an eco-friendly technology known as spray n’ stay in. this technology attaches the seeds directly to the soil and reduces the seed water surface tension and hence allowing it to absorb more water for quick and guaranteed growth.
- The seeds planted using this kit can grow in any weather.
- The seed mixture is of high quality and can easily blend with any lawn.
- The manufacturer has provided pictures and videos to show the effectiveness of this kit.
- The manufacturer has also provided contacts and addresses for customer feedbacks.
The drawbacks of Hydro Mousse
- It is definitely more expensive than some alternative ways of achieving a greener and uniform lawn although the manufacturer claims that it is cheaper than most of them.
- It availability in local stores and hardware is limited.
- There have been reported technical problems associated with the use of this kit, e.g., the sprayer may fail to work.
- The seeds in the mousse mixture may remain at the bottom of the bottle.
- The mousse mixture may stain and stick on the hands of the person spraying hence cannot be used without wearing gloves.
There are both positive and negative testimonials available online from customers, but on the overall most of them express great satisfaction.
The instructions of use for Hydro Mousse
The user should fit the hydro mousse to a garden hose. The seed mix in the bottle will be mixed with water. The user should then ensure the sprayer is in good working condition and then set the dial which will automatically start spraying.
The precautions in using Hydro Mousse
- Any broken part of the kit should be repaired or better still a new kit should be purchased in case of the same.
- It should be kept away from children’s reach.
The side effects of Hydro Mousse
There have been reported cases of skin irritation when the green mousse comes into contact with the skin.
Is Hydro Mousse safe to use?
Yes it is but the user should ensure they have gloves on to avoid skin contact with the Mousse mixture.