Illumax refers to portable microscopic revolutionary panels which incorporate multiple colored LEDs used to liven up any interior thus resulting to colorful, inspiring and effective interiors. These panels can always be arranged accordingly vertically, horizontally or even slanted across a wall. Illumax can also be used as a lighting device in many applications for a wide range of effects. It also includes portable microscopes which are usually not expensive and are considered very great for viewing objects up close and would really make great devices when taken to the field.
From its official website, Illumax retails at $17.95 for 100X microscope and $15.50 for 30X microscope while its rainbow price is $14.14
Manufacturer information and claims about Illumax
Illumax is produced by Fortune Illumax Limited, a company headquartered in Hongkong and which has a positive reputation for producing quality products and services. This company also specializes in the design and manufacture of a wide range of acrylic magnifiers. They claim that the Illumax optical lens illuminated handheld microscope has a 100 times magnifying power better compared to its competitors. They also claim that it can be used by professionals, is portable and very ideal as its precision optics allow objects to be viewed easily and clearly.
How Illumax works
Talking of the 100X microscope, its slide out lens magnifies an object up to eight times its actual size. When you want to view an object requiring a small amount of magnification with no extra illumination, you should use this magnifier. It magnifies objects a hundred times their original sizes. A power switch turns on the bulb of in the microscope and directly concentrates light on the object for ease of viewing. A focus adjustment wheel then rotates to give that sharp view.
There are two types of Illumax microscopes and these include:
1. The 100X microscope
It consists of a light plastic microscope body which slides into a base and can also be used with the enclosed plastic slides or rather be removed to look at larger surfaces or objects. It uses 2 AA batteries. It has the following features:
- Plastic base – this enables you to use the microscope to view objects mounted on slides
- 8X magnifier – this is a slide out lens that magnifies objects up to 8 times their original size
- Storage case – this is for protecting your microscope with a durable snap closure vinyl case
- Acrylic slides – it is supplied with 6 blank slides to prepare for viewing selected objects
2. The 30Xmicroscope
The viewer of this microscope is meant to be placed over the object that should be viewed for a close up view as it has no base. Just like the 100X microscope, it also uses 2 AA batteries. It has the following features:
- A built in 8X high powered magnifier
- A 30X magnification ability
- High quality and precision illuminated microscope
- 2 x (1.5v)AA penlite batteries
Applications of Illumax
- Artistic and Fun
Designers, artists and architects mostly love playing with light as a fantastic form of expression and thus Illumax enables such creations of creativity
- Restaurants, Hotels and Entertainment
A more visual experience is enhanced by the effect of Illumax which in turn may lead to elongated talking points in conversations and continuous visits to such relaxation points.
- Retail outlets and Advertising
With the effect of Illumax, shoppers can be attracted to such places enabling them to spend more time in the outlets and at the same time can be used to communicate to them
Moods can at times be enhanced by lighting. The use of Illumax could be used to improve the well being of patients via soothing visual therapy.
- Theme Parks and Galleries
Illumax can be used to enhance interiors and create an outstanding experience that’s makes such places stand out from the rest.
A more pleasant, friendly working environment can be created by Illumax which general enhances the quality of work life, energise spaces and even improve visual communications.
Advantages of Illumax
- It is easy to use
- It gives you a great magnification
- It is portable
- It gives you clear images
- It produces sharp and detailed images
- Illumax gives you hours of amazing discovery
Disadvantages of Illumax
- It can easily break if not handled with care
- The batteries need to be renewed if they have been exhausted