Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Instant Pot Review
Instant Pot is a fully programmable cooker that is electricity powered for it to function. It is designed with your health-oriented lifestyle and busy schedule in mind to enable you prepare and cook nutritious foods of your choice for yourself and your family. It is available in 6 and 8 quart sizes.
Instant Pot is a product manufactured by Double Insight Inc. (Instant Pot Company). This company was established by Canadian experts in design and marketing of cooking appliances in January 2009. The company’s location is at Ottawa, Canada.
It is designed in such a way that it does the job of a rice cooker, slow cooker, steamer, electric pressure cooker, browning/sauté pan, yoghurt maker and warming pot. It features smart programs and has varying accessories, which include; a rice paddle, measuring cup, soup spoon, condensation collector, stainless-steel steam rack and a recipe booklet.
Instant Pot is available for purchase online from amazon.com. This retailer is offering the 6 quart at a price of $99.00 and 8 quart at $129.95.
What are the Instant Pot Claims?
Instant Pot is claimed to be ULC and UL certified making it safe for use. It is said to speed up cooking by more than 5 times, save energy by 70%, preserve food nutrients and produce healthy and nutritious foods in a consistent and convenient way. It is also said to have been made by cookware experts making it a state-of-the-art kitchen appliance.
Instant Pot Review: How Instant Pot Works?
Instant Pot works by use of its different features, which have varying functions for better results in your cooking. Its inner stainless steel inner cooking pot is a 3-ply bottom, which evenly distributes heat for even cooking. It is fully sealed ensuring that no nutrients, aroma and flavors are lost while cooking.
It has 14 pre-installed programs which ease cooking as you only need to press a button. They include; soup, Bean/chili, rice, meat/stew, porridge, multigrain, steam, poultry, yoghurt, slow cook, sauté/simmer, keep warm, pressure cook, manual.
It has an in-built 3D technology microprocessor that monitors temperature and pressure, keeps time and adjusts heating duration and intensity.It also has 10 safety features, which are designed to stop errors, which cause harm. They include:
- Pressure regulator – Ensures pressure is at safe limits
- Anti-blockage vent – Prevents the vent from being blocked by food particles.
- Safety lid lock – Tightly locks the lid preventing accidental opening
- Sensor – Detects lid position
- Automatic temperature control – Regulates temperature
- High temperature monitor – Prevents foods from getting burnt
- Automatic pressure controller – Keeps pressure at a safe range
- Electrical temperature and current fuse – For cutting off power if internal temperature or current go above safety limits
- High pressure protection – Directs excess pressure to the internal chamber in times of danger
- Smart detection – Detects leakages
Instant Pot Pros
- Has multiple uses
- Preserves nutrients, aromas and flavors of your food
- Saves cooking time and energy
- It is cost-efficient as it replaces other kitchen gadgets
- Can be manually programmed and has pre-programmed options
- Can be cleaned by hand or in a dish washer
- Comes with an instruction manual for first time users
- Its controls are intuitive and easy-to-read
Instant Pot Cons
- It can only be bought online
- May not save on money for people who already have the gadgets being replaced
- Can only be used with electricity
2.0 out of 5 starsI was really excited to get this equipment and I …
Size: 6 Quart|Verified Purchase
I was really excited to get this equipment and I used it yet in less than 3 month is stopped working. How can I return it or get it replaced
4.0 out of 5 starsLove it
Size: 8 Quart|Verified Purchase
I absolutely love my IP (8 QT). I’ve cooked about 30 dishes in it and several smaller meal prep foods. It is seriously quick and provides really delicious and tender meats. My only dislike is the fact that strong smelling foods (like curry) cling to the interior of the IP. I’ve tried replacing the rings, cleaning it, etc, but the smells remain. I have to leave the IP open at all times to air it out.
Are There Any Side Effects?
There are no side effects reported in association to Instant Pot usage.